Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sun visor lights

P

Paul&naomi

Hi we have a 2012 vw Cali and I just noticed yesterday that when you put the sun visor down the light comes on. I don't think this is right but what unsure. Any advice?

Hi there should be a mirror under each sun visor when you open the flap that covers the mirror
It should bring the light on try closing the mirror :thumb if the light doesn't go out with the mirror closed you have a problem. Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply. The mirror is fully closed so think we may have a problem

Also have exactly the same problem on drivers side visor. My Cali's not three months old yet and this will be my second return to the dealership for electrical fault - at new the heated seats did not work. Also had issue, at new, with plastic trim falling off by rear parcel shelf.
Starting to have concerns on build quality as, like many others it seems, my steering column has now developed a slight grinding on returning to centre from a right lock. I've not covered 1500 miles yet!
I daren't check for the corrosion on the leading edge of the roof!
We've not had a chance to get away in the van yet and, as such, haven't had an opportunity to test all the kit - it's probably worth me checking everything possible on the van then having all faults fixed in one hit!
I must say, after shelling out almost 50k, I expected better from VW!

Geraint

Have a 2009 Cali, the passenger visor has always done this. One of those minor things that we very rarely notice as the visor is usually only used in bright sunshine and we only use it for holidays. It must be a switch problem within the visor, I can not believe it is design intent?!

Barryjm said:
Have a 2009 Cali, the passenger visor has always done this. One of those minor things that we very rarely notice as the visor is usually only used in bright sunshine and we only use it for holidays. It must be a switch problem within the visor, I can not believe it is design intent?!

Mine's a 2009 and my visors work as they should ie the light only comes on when you slide the mirror open. If its on all the time then its definitely faulty but if it doesn't bother you then its not worth risking a visit to the dealers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Our cali is just over 2 months old and both sun visor lights have gone faulty.

I have only experienced this problem when it's really cold......as soon as it warms up a little they work again as they should :crazy

Had this fault with 56 reg. Dealer fitted new visor under warranty
Remove bulb until fixed

Back