Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Passenger Seat Swivel Help

T

The Poets

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Evening all, as per the thread title...our passenger swivel seat will (as of today) only swivel about half way. It doesn’t swivel and stop as if hitting a wall (for example).....there’s some give there but I don’t want to force it. I’ve tried fairly hard with no joy.
We’re away for some half term break camping tomorrow for three days so it’s not ideal timing.
Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions? I’ve shone a torch whilst swiveling but can’t see anything at all.
Thanks in advance for any comments.

Hi trying pushing the chair on it’s slider all the way forward.
Then from behind you can look at the rear of the base and check there are no cables caught in the swivel mechanism- I can’t remember if it’s fuses or leisure battery under the passenger seat @Loz will know :thumb

There are some studs which stick up from the seat base. These can catch on the bottom of the plastic trim on the seat sides
JAT. Just a thought.

Well it now won’t turn as far as it did (90 degrees)....as per the photo. It doesn’t look it’s the studs. There’s some give, but even looking with a torch I can’t see anything obvious blocking it. Stumped.

C8436609-F525-4743-9996-295F929827E8.jpeg

The panel on the rear of the base comes off easily and will let you see more.

First slide the seat completely forward. Then open the door a bit. Swivel the seat completely. Close the door again (in case of rain or much wind). Slide back and/or forth to your convenience.

In other cases, look underneath the seat what is blocking the swivel.

Luckily I have swivelled the seat many many times to date, but appreciate those advising that I open the door!
As mentioned, it was turning halfway. Now it’s barely turning. The photo indicates where it now stops.
Luckily there’s three of us so two can sit on the bench seat.

Question: have you already looked underneath the seat?
Is some cable blocking the swivel (like the airbag cable, which will cause the warning light to go on)?
Is the battery cover still flat on the battery, or is it trapped somewhere?

Please more info.

Yes looked underneath with the slider in all positions to get a better view, whilst swivelling to see what’s happening. Nothing obvious obstructing it - if I can I’ll add info later. Getting packed and ready to leave has taken priority. After the rugby of course.

Update - new seat base been ordered by Breeze Southampton. Something to do with a plate in the seat buckling a bit and snagging when you try to turn it. It was a fault with this Cali before be bought it I gather....so a second seat base. Thankful it’s still under warranty.

Back