Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Passenger seat will not swivel

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just had a day out down at the beach and when we went to swivel the passenger seat back to face forwards it was jammed and would not swivel back! The lever moves OK but the seat will not physically move. Anyone else had this problem? I have had a look at the mechanism with a torch and all looks OK. Any ideas?

Thanks

Martin

Hope you get it sorted soon martin( not a bit of fish stuck down there stopping it turning) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Kev, finally unjammed it by rocking it up and down and finally moved ino position. imagine if this happend to the drivers seat, i would have had o drive home standing up !

Recently bought an ex demo 2013 SE, is it normal for the front passenger seat to hit some resistance and then click before completing a full turn?

chrisandkateg said:
Recently bought an ex demo 2013 SE, is it normal for the front passenger seat to hit some resistance and then click before completing a full turn?

Careful - there is a bolt on the base frame which protrudes up - when you turn the seat it catches on the rear trim (resistance) then clicks when the trim passes the bolt - eventually pulled our trim off.... Lucky it was repaired under warranty.
Might not be same thing but just worth watching.... Got ur handbrake fully off ???

Thanks for the replies. The dealer tells me it is normal. I will keep an eye on it. ;)

Martin said:
Cheers Kev, finally unjammed it by rocking it up and down and finally moved ino position. imagine if this happend to the drivers seat, i would have had o drive home standing up !

My passenger seat got stacked in backward position when away last week. Not very nice perspective to drive with it in this mode, good that it was not the driver seat, as Martin mentioned.
Finally got it released by using a lot of force when rocking it left and right.
When coming back home I was prepared to remove the seat, which involves the air bag and heater disconnection. Before doing that, I looked under the seat, into the swivelling mechanism and found what is on the picture below.

image.php

The seat cover ribbon get jammed in the swivelling mechanism.....
Easy solution for significant trouble, this time. :upsidedown