Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upgrade comfort non swivel to swivel

Thats a great video to post showing how straightforward
it is to change to a swivel seat. :thumb

In the background there is a guy who collects his post at about 0.37secs and he
is followed down the ramp with an older guy, a bit balding, the type who have
a keen interest on our vans, anyway he pops back up at about 1.29mins and he's
on his phone probably as a decoy after disposing of the guy who collected his post,
and he could've had an eye on your van man.

All im saying is that you can't be too careful with them old guys :D

First comment on the forum: I am now the proud owner of a gorgeous T6 Cali Ocean (with non swivelling seats), they are indeed comfortable, but the non swivel is a real issue. Looking to get a pair of these Kiravan base plates.

Great post and video by @Ockie on this thread :thumb

I've watched the videos and read up on disconnecting the battery, the raising the seat height and lever interference on full lower. Just wondering if anyone has fitted them to £50k of T6 Cali Ocean with Comfort electric (lumbar/heated/airbag) seats and has any further learnings/tips etc. :Nailbiting

Be mindful they will add height to your seats, I fitted plates in my old t25 and my partner couldnt touch the floor any more once they were installed ;) Worth checking.

I've always wondered the value of the spinning seat next to the kitchen in the ocean, could you get away with one rotating seat?

Be mindful they will add height to your seats, I fitted plates in my old t25 and my partner couldnt touch the floor any more once they were installed ;) Worth checking.

I've always wondered the value of the spinning seat next to the kitchen in the ocean, could you get away with one rotating seat?
Excellent value in spinning the passenger seat, makes a lovely four seat lounge when entertaining friends, playing card games with grandchildren etc. Easy access to electrical devices such as coffee machines when using the 3 pin socket at the end of the kitchen when on hookup. We would really miss the facility.

Well I took the plunge, put on my big boy pants and got out the 13mm socket set!

The result is we now have a fantastic pair of rotating comfort leather seats....I just have to remember to fully raise the seat heights before spinning them!

Seats backward.jpg

Seats forward.jpg

Seats removed.jpg

Hello all, sorry to bump an old thread here.. But has anyone successfully installed a rotating seat base on a power/memory seat? I found a nice spec van (LHD) with all the creature comforts and colors/options we want but it has a power driver's seat.

I can't seem to find much about converting this seat to having the ability to rotate it. Thank You in advance.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Back