Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Passport Delays

Kayleigh

Kayleigh

Back in the ‘non-leaking’ T6 Beach
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Anyone had problems renewing an expired passport recently?

With the widely publicised delays of up to 10 weeks, I was quite relieved today to receive my daughter’s new passport in only 11 days, including two weekends!

I chose the ‘Digital Check and Send’ option at the Post Office. They take the photos and complete the form online, which all took about 30 mins. I am not sure if this is a quicker route, but it must be faster than sending a paper form, I would think. The photo that the PO took actually failed the rules and I had to get another one taken, so probably would have arrived even quicker without that hiccup.

Would be good to know if others had a similar experience..

Did ours online taking a photo with my phone. 12 days and renewal turned up.

It seems it is dependent on where it is processed. My wife and I applied for renewals on the same day. She got hers within 2 weeks (Durham). Mine was processed in Liverpool (10 weeks).

Hats off to the passport office - great well thought through process there (especially for families)!

Similar experience here - applied for 2 childrens renewals at the same time using the online process. One arrived within 2 weeks, the other one took 9 weeks with several processing delays and lengthy phone calls to chase (Glasgow office). Best to allow plenty of time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took four weeks to renew a 5 year child’s passport online. We applied back in February and it arrived back just before Easter. The online process is very slick.

We didn't want to take the risk with a big trip coming up this summer. We needed to renew one of our child's passports. I drove up to Peterborough last Tuesday, dropped off the form for the Fast Track service, passport arrived yesterday. It was well organised at Peterborough.

Anyone had problems renewing an expired passport recently?

With the widely publicised delays of up to 10 weeks, I was quite relieved today to receive my daughter’s new passport in only 11 days, including two weekends!

I chose the ‘Digital Check and Send’ option at the Post Office. They take the photos and complete the form online, which all took about 30 mins. I am not sure if this is a quicker route, but it must be faster than sending a paper form, I would think. The photo that the PO took actually failed the rules and I had to get another one taken, so probably would have arrived even quicker without that hiccup.

Would be good to know if others had a similar experience..
No problem. Applied online on 6/5/22 and new passport arrived last week.

Back