Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

PCP VW contribution increases

Brian’s Dad

Brian’s Dad

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
it appears VW have inc the contribution from £1000 to £2000 if you order before sept 19. Has anyone who’s got an order pending for the MY19 build and managed to get this added to a pre agreed deal? Surely this is coming out of vw’s pocket not the dealers?

I think it should be possible.
Some dealers are very pro-active in assisting too.
Bottom line for me was I had to go ahead with the order on one PCP deal to gaurentee it incase the next PCP was worse because they can't do any retrospective 'better deals' of course. But having signed up and a better one comes along than you have and you are in the driving seat so to speak and everyones a winner.

It will come from VWFS and will be available in addition to any discount agreed with the dealer.

Last edited:
Ooh, this is interesting; I got my order in about 2 months ago and opted for the PCP (merely to get the deposit contribution and cheap services); I just emailed my dealer to see if they can apply this improved deal to my order.

I'll keep you posted as to what they say (fingers crossed).

As of 1st July they introduced to the 10 year HP £1000 contribution, it was nothing before. Although the APR interest rate has risen from 7.3% to 7.7% so I worked out that If I went full term I would be around £50 worst off. That said if I sell the van half way through I would be £450 (ish) better off.
Did they change the interest rate on the PCP?

As of 1st July they introduced to the 10 year HP £1000 contribution, it was nothing before. Although the APR interest rate has risen from 7.3% to 7.7% so I worked out that If I went full term I would be around £50 worst off. That said if I sell the van half way through I would be £450 (ish) better off.
Did they change the interest rate on the PCP?

Good point it's gone from 5.8 to 5.9% APR - will need VW to crunch the numbers

FYI - I emailed my dealer and asked them if they can apply the new increased deposit contribution to my order and this is what they said...

"...unfortunately not because it was done in quarter two campaigns, VW look at all orders taken and if the vehicles are re-proposed under the new campaigns, the offers will not apply. Plus the dealer get a charge also for trying to do it."

Sounds like a categorical "no chance" to me :(

I know I placed my order about 2 months ago and the deal I got was the best deal at the time but I have to admit it is a little frustrating that even before my order has been scheduled for build by VW that they have this new deal on offer and they won't apply it to my order; the "list" price on my CaliO is mental and so I was hoping they would be a bit more accommodating to try and figure something out. If my order was in the build schedule and "on it's way" then I'd understand it a bit more but as with all folks who have recently ordered a Cali, it is just in a kind of "holding" bucket at the moment until VW figure out the build schedule at the end of August.

Still, never mind, it is what it is I guess.

Yes I see today that they’ve put the interest rate up so my £1000 contribution was actually about £500 after some negative equity but the hike in the rate put my monthly payments up by £6 a month

• Welcome
Reactions: IgK
My dealer had a look today and it worked out cheaper. On the 48month PCP the rate is held at 5.8% so the monthly payments have dropped a small amount - I note the balloon had risen by around £150. When I added it all up the new deal saves about £500

Wish they did that on the hp deal :sorry:sad

Back