Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Why is discount now so taboo?

Hello, just wondering what did you decide to do? Have you placed your order yet? We went to Liverpool the other day and they'd taken delivery of a number of vans..
There was an absolite beauty...ascot grey with sports pack which made us doubt our current thinking around indium grey...we haven't ordered yet..
Hi everyone- A newby from Sheffield looking to take the plunge and order a new Ocean after many years of deliberation.

Just checking in with the group as I know it can be a very sensitive topic of ‘what is a reasonable dealer discount’, especially where members are now owners or deals in tow and no one wants to feel like they could have driven a better deal

I have spoken to a couple of dealers who all seem very cagey about ’Doing a Deal’.
Pre covid I would here never paid full price for a significant purchase and would have always expected the dealer to split the mark up with me. No problem and always obtained a mutually agreeable deal. However since COVID and protracted deliveries it seems like discount has become a dirty word. Appreciating that supply and demand is always a significant factor. Surely it’s not unreasonable to obtain a discount as the world adapts.

I see the site Autoebid is indicated potential 9% savings- sounds a tad ambitious however surely some where in the 5 to 8% range is workable.

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has managed to agree ‘a deal’ on their order.
Looks like my spec build up totals £84k - ouch! There must still be some significant margin in that for the dealer. Let me know.

I also am being told 10 to 14 months on delivery. I guess we now just need to adapt to becoming very patient.

Andrew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello, just wondering what did you decide to do? Have you placed your order yet? We went to Liverpool the other day and they'd taken delivery of a number of vans..

There was an absolite beauty...ascot grey with sports pack which made us doubt our current thinking around indium grey...we haven't ordered yet..

Hi yes placed the order at Liverpool. Finally conceded to give me just under 9% discount. I went for the the grey / silver combo. I know the extra cost was hard to justify, but really didn’t want the Cali to look like a van. I gather we just need to wait until around this time next year for delivery though. I can’t believe how many other thinks we need buy too to kit the van out. Awnings, isotop etc…

And since then all has been wonderful. Oh, I forgot 2 yrs of a worldwide pandemic and a war in Europe and various European countries dependent on Russian gas wondering how they will cope.
No one foresaw any of that 4 yrs ago. Or did you?
I think I’d been around long enough to spot a pack of liars when I hear them. But if you’re a true believer, fair enough. Keep the faith and don’t let reality wear you down.

I think I’d been around long enough to spot a pack of liars when I hear them. But if you’re a true believer, fair enough. Keep the faith and don’t let reality wear you down.
You would know of course. What’s that well known saying “ Takes one …………….”
The fact that the Pandemic and the War in Ukraine has somewhat muddied the waters is of course immaterial to those who believe everything not to their liking can be related to one point in history.

Hi yes placed the order at Liverpool. Finally conceded to give me just under 9% discount. I went for the the grey / silver combo. I know the extra cost was hard to justify, but really didn’t want the Cali to look like a van. I gather we just need to wait until around this time next year for delivery though. I can’t believe how many other thinks we need buy too to kit the van out. Awnings, isotop etc…
Aww brilliant :) we placed our order today with Liverpool, chose indium grey in the end, very excited, now the wait begins x

You would know of course. What’s that well known saying “ Takes one …………….”
The fact that the Pandemic and the War in Ukraine has somewhat muddied the waters is of course immaterial to those who believe everything not to their liking can be related to one point in history.
Silly me, I must have forgotten that Covid and the War in Ukraine affected EU countries too. Wonder how they managed to keep average price rises to a fifth of our rip off? Still don’t blame the government, they’re only in charge and it’s ALWAYS someone else’s fault.

Wonder how they managed to keep average price rises to a fifth of our rip off?
I wouldn't come arguing with 'data' picked up from Facebook

Silly me, I must have forgotten that Covid and the War in Ukraine affected EU countries too. Wonder how they managed to keep average price rises to a fifth of our rip off? Still don’t blame the government, they’re only in charge and it’s ALWAYS someone else’s fault.
Which European countries are you referring to?

Which European countries are you referring to?

etc

etc
I'm still awaiting an answer. Inflation is more than just energy prices. But of course if you cannot find a European country that has an inflation rate of 1/5 th of the UKs then I'll understand. It can be difficult sometimes to validate Facebook news.

etc

Did you read the articles you have provided links to or research further than just the headlines?

Anyway, I think your rants about Brexit might be better targeted at a different forum.

The French plan is to effectively privatise edf and to use tax payers money to fund the loses caused by selling energy below cost. So you need to add those tax payer subsidies back on to the cost, unless you believe Governments have money of their own.
Starmer took this 'logic' a step further yesterday pretending that if the taxpayer pays the energy companies to subsidise consumer prices, then it doesn't count towards inflation.
Neither approach does anything to reduce the excess demand chasing too little energy.

etc

Can we keep away from politics & stick with Discounts on VWs?

Can we keep away from politics & stick with Discounts on VWs?
Yes…. good shout.

What’s the best all you recent buyers have got?

Anyone receive over 9% discount?

Yes…. good shout.

What’s the best all you recent buyers have got?

Anyone receive over 9% discount?
I've not found better than 9% yet. & its around 0% on anything pre registered / in stock.

I'm still awaiting an answer. Inflation is more than just energy prices. But of course if you cannot find a European country that has an inflation rate of 1/5 th of the UKs then I'll understand. It can be difficult sometimes to validate Facebook news.
Of course it is but my original point was energy price inflation which I answered and you changed the subject. Too busy for tit for tat and I suspect neither of us will influence each other’s opinion. I promise to continue the debate over a pint if we meet up as long as you don’t unleash the Brexit TalIBAN to do a fatwa on my Cali. Deal?

Of course it is but my original point was energy price inflation which I answered and you changed the subject. Too busy for tit for tat and I suspect neither of us will influence each other’s opinion. I promise to continue the debate over a pint if we meet up as long as you don’t unleash the Brexit TalIBAN to do a fatwa on my Cali. Deal?
Unfortunately you didn’t. There is more to energy inflation than the headline price paid directly by the user. You forgot, conveniently, the cost to the taxpayer of government subsidies etc. unfortunately Governments don’t have their “ Own “ money, so the user might pay a lower price due to Government subsidies but the user is also paying the Government Subsidy via their taxes.

Unfortunately you didn’t. There is more to energy inflation than the headline price paid directly by the user. You forgot, conveniently, the cost to the taxpayer of government subsidies etc. unfortunately Governments don’t have their “ Own “ money, so the user might pay a lower price due to Government subsidies but the user is also paying the Government Subsidy via their taxes.
I asserted a fact that just happens to be true although you are trying to shift the argument rather than refute my point. See the tweet from Kenneth Clark on this (one of the few honest Conservatives left among the current shower).

“The EU price cap on gas is £37 per mega watt hour.

The UK is £263.79 per mega watt hour.

A Brexit dividend for energy companies shareholders.“

You can talk about the reasons all day long but the fact remains that energy prices are higher in the U.K. despite the Brexiteer boast that leaving the EU would result in cheaper prices. Apart from vacuum cleaners, Black passports (made in France) and the relaxation time in queues at Dover any other Brexit benefits you think we are seeing as Van owners?

I asserted a fact that just happens to be true although you are trying to shift the argument rather than refute my point. See the tweet from Kenneth Clark on this (one of the few honest Conservatives left among the current shower).

“The EU price cap on gas is £37 per mega watt hour.

The UK is £263.79 per mega watt hour.

A Brexit dividend for energy companies shareholders.“

You can talk about the reasons all day long but the fact remains that energy prices are higher in the U.K. despite the Brexiteer boast that leaving the EU would result in cheaper prices. Apart from vacuum cleaners, Black passports (made in France) and the relaxation time in queues at Dover any other Brexit benefits you think we are seeing as Van owners?
So the EU is subsidising energy to the Consumer. Who exactly is paying for these subsidies?
Funny how when the French are in charge of Border Control - Queues and when the UK is in charge, as in Calais - No Queues.

The proposal was/is for a windfall tax on the energy companies to pay, rather than the taxpayer
And exactly who did the energy companies get their increased profits from? I’ll leave you to work that one out.:thumb

And exactly who did the energy companies get their increased profits from? I’ll leave you to work that one out.:thumb
Customers obviously. They’ve already paid though. So either you leave the profit for the energy companies, or you recoup it and reduce bills. I’ll leave you to work that one out :thumb

Customers obviously. They’ve already paid though. So either you leave the profit for the energy companies, or you recoup it and reduce bills. I’ll leave you to work that one out :thumb
Or the companies can invest in R&D or Fracking, Solar, Wind, Alternative Fuels etc. to address the future energy requirements, because high energy prices will be the new norm and one profit grab will have minimal effect in the long term.

Back