Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Penrhyn Bay Caravan Park, Anglesey

snowy55

snowy55

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Just payed an eye watering £29 for 1 night at the above campsite.
This is a ferry coming into Holyhead.
The sea mist has now come down, so much for the stunning sunset photos.
clear.png

Hi Snowy that site sticks in my mind because many years ago we were leaving site down that narrow road and while we were waiting for a car to pass coming the other way, a 4x4 towing a trailer full of sheep ran in the back of us:mad:

You're not the only one in the mist, we've been across to Ffestiniog and Beddgelert where it was glorious all day; as soon as we got near the coast at Bangor the mist came down and has stayed with us all the way back to where we are near Colwyn Bay. :(

Looks like more of the same tomorrow coming in from the Irish Sea ...

I think we'll head inland down the A5 on Monday, might try Betsy Coed or however it's spelt. Never seen so many sheep and lambs.
clear.png

Shortly after the above photo was taken the fog horn started at Holyhead and continued ALL night. The ferry arriving on the above photo also used multiple blasts on it's fog horn on leaving as did another ferry as it arrived in the middle of the night, coupled with the price paid and ZERO hooks around the washroom basins leaves this campsite with no stars out of 5 in snowy55's good (or bad in this case) campsite guide.:mad:

Sorry you've had a bad experience there, but Anglesey is a really lovely place.

If you're still around there, there are some nice smaller sites dotted around the Coast from Trearddur Bay going up towards South Stack. Also going clockwise around the main island there are a number of sites in close proximity to the beaches. Don't miss Beaumaris and along to Penmon also, in the South East of the island.

Also Amlwch harbour is worth a visit. All these not to the detriment of many other places I could go on and on about!

Sorry you've had a bad experience there, but Anglesey is a really lovely place.

If you're still around there, there are some nice smaller sites dotted around the Coast from Trearddur Bay going up towards South Stack. Also going clockwise around the main island there are a number of sites in close proximity to the beaches. Don't miss Beaumaris and along to Penmon also, in the South East of the island.

Also Amlwch harbour is worth a visit. All these not to the detriment of many other places I could go on and on about!
We saw plenty of other sites but ended up on this one, pure bad luck with the weather. Only one night so not the end of the world and of course it will be one to remember for years to come. Thats the beauty of a Cali don't like where you are move on:bananadance