Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

NC500 trip

B

BigJohn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi all, we're currently on the NC500, going anticlockwise. The weather could be better, but what can you expect for the UK!

We stayed at Fortrose Bay the first night which was a nice site for one or two nights, in a lovely location right on the beach, but with a very minor, quiet public road running through it, which might be a consideration if you have young kids.
We are currently at Inver, which I would avoid tbh, it's right on the A9 which seems to be used for speed trials! 'The Bay' restaurant /pub just down the road was nice though.
We're having a great time, off up to John O'Groats today and then on to the Halladale Inn tonight.

Attached pic on the Cromarty to Nigg ferry - it only takes 2 vehicles, a great experience but I must say, I'm glad the water was dead calm - there isn't a lot of height above the water, and we did clonk the spare wheel bolt when reversing off on to the slipway!

You can follow us on Instagram -
John & Amanda

20230910_114329.jpg

Once you start going down the west coast, rounding the corner at Durness, through Scourie and on to Applecross, the scenery just gets better and better. Hope the weather holds for you ! The F-word was used for parts of the Highlands on BBC Weather tonight for the first time since April!!