Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Permanent LED awning lights - where are you mounting them?

H

haydnw2

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I've bought the Kampa LED strip from the shop, and it seems to work very well. I was looking at mounting the actual LED strip permanently, even if I don't get around to doing the wiring any time soon. But having unwound the awning, I'm struggling to see where I can fit it in the awning case - it looks like a fairly well-filled package without much leftover space. Where has everyone else managed to fix these so that they're hidden away when the awning is rolled up, and don't foul the awning mechanism? I'd have a go but the velcro looks to be of the one-shot super-sticky variety, so not much room for error / re-application. Thanks!

This was my installation.

This was my installation.
Thanks - looks a sensible place, but the white strip on the black awning case might do my head in. :D
Apart from one external link to a site where the large photos don’t load, search was no use for my specific question. Otherwise I wouldn’t have started a new thread.

Funny as the thread you say thanks to just above given by Larrylamb is in the list of search results and then you say a search was no use....

Yes, but he'd already provided the link above. So I'd clicked on it before you even made your post. The rest of the results are either not relevant or I have already read - see attached browser history! So telling me to search is of no value to me or anyone else who might come across this thread in future. Indeed, "Google it" could be a response to almost any technical thread on this entire forum.

Anyway, this is off topic. If anyone else has any thoughts about placement of the strips, as opposed to wiring routing, they're much appreciated.

Screenshot 2020-08-15 at 21.41.57.png

There should be some kind of auto fill in the search field.
On matching words, there should be at least a couple of matching titles shown.
I know this might be not that easy to implement, but it would save us repeated answers for the same questions.
If you really have another question, or really don't find anything on the forum, then you can of course always post a new thread, or even resurrect an older post with a new question that fits in a similar thread.

But we are always happy to help.

Cheers
...or even resurrect an older post with a new question that fits in a similar thread.
Ah ok - on other forums I frequent this is a complete no-no, but if it’s the done thing here then I’ll look into that in future. :thumb

Cheers

Ah ok - on other forums I frequent this is a complete no-no, but if it’s the done thing here then I’ll look into that in future. :thumb
I don't think you will be shot to resurrect old threads. Done it multiple times.

My Khyam LED strip is fitted in exactly the same place as shown by @larrylamb, it's on a silver awning case.