Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Phew !!

BigPritch

BigPritch

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
OK, so we picked up our 2007, T5 a couple of weeks ago, had a 8 nighter in between travelling around Wales.
Few little 'niggles' but nothing that can't be sorted.
Today, I took it to Central VW, in Ellesmere Port, following recommendations on here, as I wanted the van 'checked out' and make sure all was ok, or not...

Well, am very, VERY pleased to say she was given a very clean bill of health, was complimented on the condition, and told 'she's clearly been very well looked after'. Only a couple of 'just keep an eye on this..', but nothing to really worry about.

So I thought I'd share a bit of positive news on here, as well as a very big recommendation for Central VW in Ellesemere Port. Clearly know VW's inside & out, and especially Cali's.

(Oh, and the van was bought via the classified on here as well...)

Happy travelling folks.

17 years young then. It’s nice :thumb

It’s close for me that’s for flagging up

It’s close for me that’s for flagging up
Chris, I saw them recommended on here, had a long chat with them before booking in, but very happy I did. Ex VW Technicians, and was very confident when chatting with them, everything was explained as to what they did, why they did it, and the benefits of it. They only use VW parts (unless of course you insist otherwise), but as they say, VW parts best, unless the know of something better.Won't be going anywhere else.

Sounds perfect for anything not warranty related lots of horror stories on here re VW dealers High costs. Thanks

Just curious as to what they might be advising to keep an eye on?
That might help a lot of people here.
And enjoy!

Just curious as to what they might be advising to keep an eye on?
That might help a lot of people here.
And enjoy!
Hi there, the 'keep an eye' was on the driveshaft, as there was a 'bit of movement, but nothing to get concerned with at the moment, just a heads up. Seen worse that have gone on for miles'.
As I took it in for a complete 'check up', (after buying it a week ago), I asked to know about any problems/advisories/heads up, so in reality, was doing what I asked them to do. But as he said' no worry at the moment, just be aware'.
Cheers

OK, so we picked up our 2007, T5 a couple of weeks ago, had a 8 nighter in between travelling around Wales.
Few little 'niggles' but nothing that can't be sorted.
Today, I took it to Central VW, in Ellesmere Port, following recommendations on here, as I wanted the van 'checked out' and make sure all was ok, or not...

Well, am very, VERY pleased to say she was given a very clean bill of health, was complimented on the condition, and told 'she's clearly been very well looked after'. Only a couple of 'just keep an eye on this..', but nothing to really worry about.

So I thought I'd share a bit of positive news on here, as well as a very big recommendation for Central VW in Ellesemere Port. Clearly know VW's inside & out, and especially Cali's.

(Oh, and the van was bought via the classified on here as well...)

Happy travelling folks.
Seconded for VW Ellesmere Port.

Hi there, the 'keep an eye' was on the driveshaft, as there was a 'bit of movement, but nothing to get concerned with at the moment, just a heads up. Seen worse that have gone on for miles'.
As I took it in for a complete 'check up', (after buying it a week ago), I asked to know about any problems/advisories/heads up, so in reality, was doing what I asked them to do. But as he said' no worry at the moment, just be aware'.
Cheers
Dive shaft splines are a known/common problem on that age of T5.

Cheers
Just make sure you don't end up like me:
IMG_20170927_182707.jpg

IMG_20170927_182748.jpg

It brushed some teeth once, and that was the only time in 14 years and almost 200000km I couldn't drive with it anymore.

Back