Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Picked up new Cali today

I would also like to know the price. Is the trim applied to seat covers or does it mean that you can't put on seat covers that would cover the trim? I'm using seat covers from Lidl so am open to getting some good ones.
Denise at Jackyards made us some great looking, very hardwearing and excellent quality seat covers for our new Cali when we picked it up a couple of months ago. They are also very comfortable. Just a thought if you decide to cover rather than re-trim, although must say that Bibs leather re-trim looks very smart.

I'm not a VIP member yet!

Mods please could my number be removed.

You should be able to edit post &delete it yourself.

Sent from my SM-G900F

Hi Andy I can't find the edit button. Sorry Phil feel like I'm jumping on your thread with a silly thing.

Bibs, can you pm the price aswell please. How long did you have to leave the van with them for ?

Must agree those seats look superb. The only thing that would worry me is if something went wrong with the heated seat modules or airbag VW would disown them. Are you satisfied that the function of the airbags hasn't been impaired?

Birkenhead is only 10 miles from me so I too would be interested in the cost.

I'm completely satisfied that the function of the airbags and the heated seats is not impaired. It's the second Cali that they have done for me. Call in to see the guys at Trim technik, I'm certain that they will reassure you. Cost was £1195 and they need it for the day.

Thanks Bibs, that cost is very reasonable, especially compared to a set of loose covers from you know who! :thumb

It looks lovely. I seriously regret not having Albert retrimmed when I bought it.

[QUOTE="motacyclist, post: 104381, member: 8851
Birkenhead is only 10 miles from me so I too would be interested in the cost.[/QUOTE]

Are you thinking of having yourself re-trimmed given your penchant for wearing leather? :D

Much easier to keep clean. I got fed up in my last Cali driving round with seat covers on, it's like having a builders van

[QUOTE="motacyclist, post: 104381, member: 8851
Are you thinking of having yourself re-trimmed given your penchant for wearing leather? :D
You've sussed out the reason for my interest.:embarrased

I was just hoping to get rid of a few wrinkles ... might get SWMBO done too :D

Much easier to keep clean. I got fed up in my last Cali driving round with seat covers on,

Oh! I just drive around with my normal clothes on :shocked

Hi Bibs.

Love the look of that retrim. One of the best I've seen. Certainly makes me think I should be considering a visit to Birkenhead. Silly question, but I'll ask anyway. What impact, if any, does having this done have on your warranty? I noted MotaCyclist asked a related question, but not quite the same one.

Cheers

The guys at VW van Centre Lancashire (Preston) said it's the best one they have seen. With regard to warranty, all that they do is remove the factory fitted covering and replace with leather covering. They provide a warranty on the covers. My last Cali had this done and I sold it to a VW Van dealer who sold it on as an approved used vehicle with full warranty. It's not like remapping the engine or altering the suspension

Great. Thanks for the quick reply. Think I'll give them a call. Cheers

...one already "disagreed" me ...:D
Serious now , i always give my honest opinion hoping not offend anyone , but as said , each theire own taste!
I was not the one to disagree, but I might have been but only to your point about leather seats and dogs not being a good thing.
We have leather seats BECAUSE of the dog...the back seat is also covered with a rug, but the rug can be washed....and the leather wiped....no build up of doggy smells...works a treat.

Was going to repost my internal colour scheme, but realised it was only of the back seats which are indeed covered in a matching rug!

Transcal did a good job on my seats....and were helpful when we discovered they'd used a slightly different colour on the back to what was on the front seats...whoops!

You do realise that this thread is 5 years old, so any cost will be out of date. Better off ringing the company & getting a quote yourself.
I didn't see that, was looking on my phone. Thanks for the heads up. Will do!