Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pimp my ride!

Snoopy23

Snoopy23

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
This may be contentious but my new cali in starlight blue needs a bit of pimping to improve the look from the side and just break up the slab to stand out a bit more, so considering side bars which did wonders for my old black t6, rearly wanted a 2 tone but has anyone gone retro and added “Pin stripes” (sorry for swearing) or something more subtle than plastering side full of decals! thoughts please

I did see a T6.1 Starlight Blue (camper but not a Cali) with bronze wheels, bronze double pin striping and bronze mirror caps and it looked great!

Controversial I know, with lots saying it only really works with the contrast to light colours but I saw a Starlight Blue with a Sports Pack at a campsite on the Roseland recently - all polished up it looked amazing. That’s the route I would go, certainly wouldn’t be adding any chrome.

Personal view - blue is a fantastic colour ;)

Two choices: Stand out or subtle. For standout, yellow is always a good pairing. For subtle, i'd stick with black (ideally, gloss, to match the windows etc).

Pre-Grand Cali, our black Ocean had black and carbon. Tinted windows, carbon boot protector, black solar panel frames etc. The only bits that werent black was the bike rack and chrome grill unfortunately. With starlight, it'll offset it really well imo.

Hi Betty67.
Are your brake items still available.
Alan

Just put these on our Starlight Blue to break up the slab side.
Might not be subtle enough for you though if you want something more restrained.
Across the full length of the van though I think they are just the right balance.
PXL_20240830_163758892 (002).jpg

Hi Batty67.
Are you open to offers, we are based near Ringwood, and could meet up.
Alan

Hi Betty67 as it is getting late, I will try again in the morning, I will go back online during the morning hope we can catch up then .
Alan

Hi Betty67 as it is getting late, I will try again in the morning, I will go back online during the morning hope we can catch up then .
Alan
Or sign up as a member, and converse regarding for sale items as the forum intended, using DM’s, and/or via the appropriate thread in the accessories for sale section!

Also o facebook group called “official vw california club”
But defo consider joining this for the benifits!

Last edited:
Hi Betty67.
I do not want pay pal but understand the comments from forum members,
As you live in Christchurch can we meet somewhere in the Christchurch area Sainsbury’s or the Land Rover garage, what do you think and what time suits you.

Alan.