Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

30mm lowering - any regrets?

MrNick

MrNick

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Also, just wanted to stress the point of checking/telling your insurers! I had a bit of a hairy moment with Safeguard...

I'd previously asked them if the lowering would be OK, and was told "oh yeah, just let us know when its done and we'll make a note of it, no problem"... so when phone them to tell them, after having it lowered, I was a bit shocked that they said they'd have to check with the underwriters that it was acceptable. Bit of a tense couple of days while I waited for a reply - but all was OK, thankfully! Maybe I was over worrying, but Safeguard are the only people who would insure me at all given I park it on the road and need it for business use, so I couldn't exactly shop around. Anyway... all good :)

U

ukTed

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
We lowered ours for the same reason and have the same experience with less rolls but bumps in potholes. We haven't had any bottoming out problems and have been camping all through winter in mud and ruts and ridgy fields. It's great on smooth roads. The only issue we have is with 4 bikes on the back the mudguards can scrape over bumps. Bit of a shock the first time. We had no option, the Cali gets in the garage by 1 cm.

I’m hoping this will mean I can get into my garage. Does a 300mm reduction actually equal a drop in height of the van by 300mm - or is it more/less?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryemslie

Ryemslie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I’m hoping this will mean I can get into my garage. Does a 300mm reduction actually equal a drop in height of the van by 300mm - or is it more/less?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you mean 30mm instead of 300mm then yeas more or less. If you need singnificantly more then you’ll be looking at coil overs or air ride

wilde1

wilde1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all, here's one for you, I have a 67 plate 150 ocean and it seems to sit really high at the front? I'm happy with the ride and the height at the rear, could you just have the front lowered to level it out? Any advice would be much appreciated

IMG_2142.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG

IMG_2147.JPG

IMG_2149.JPG

MrNick

MrNick

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I’m not sure re just lowering the front, but that’s exactly how mine was as standard, and the set of lowering springs have totally levelled it out to a straight line, I guess because the back is more heavy.

wilde1

wilde1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can I dare ask how much it cost and do you have any photos??

Jay20cali

Jay20cali

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all, here's one for you, I have a 67 plate 150 ocean and it seems to sit really high at the front? I'm happy with the ride and the height at the rear, could you just have the front lowered to level it out? Any advice would be much appreciated

View attachment 30842

View attachment 30843

View attachment 30844

View attachment 30845
That’s how they look from factory don’t know why they don’t make it look uniform??.you wouldn’t see anything else that cost 50k+ riding higher at the front from factory

wilde1

wilde1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Thanks for the picture, did you have to have it tracked up?

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion

View attachment 30842

View attachment 30843

View attachment 30844

View attachment 30845
If you check the VW technical drawings/data for the T6 you will see that the Wheel Centre to Wheel Arch top is greater at the front than the rear. This is by design. If you lower the front to make it cosmetically acceptable you would be nose down.
This discrepancy is common on many vehicles. Its to accommodate the suspension and directional movement at the front.