Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pipers Height Touring Park, Blackpool

S

savoyad

Vehicle
Just browsing
Just had a booking refused by Pipers Height Touring Park, Blackpool (which otherwise looks nice) because the sliding door is on the "wrong" side. Their reason was that their insurance won't cover vehicles with doors on the right.

One to avoid for calis - esp with the risk of being turned away for having the "wrong" shape vehicle.

I think the most likely explanation is that they set a petty rule without thinking it through, staff who know they don't have the discretion to be flexible, and the insurance thing is just a nonsense attempt to justify it. But the bottom line is when I asked, they said I couldn't stay there in my cali. There are other nice sites nearby, and I have no ill will towards this one, I just don't want cali owners to be messed around. It was quite frustrating to be refused on the phone. It would be infuriating to be turned away on arrival.

Blimey, that’ll exclude LHD visitors.

No foreigners in our park!

They are just scared that you have a brain and may try to challenge other petty rules.

Best avoided. Find somewhere that wants your hard earned cash.

I see a few negative reviews on the subject by ”non UK spec” motorhomers on their Facebook page.

why can't you just park the other way around ?
i've also seen moho's with the habitation door at the back. what happens then ? wow. i think they've lived in Blackpool too long.

Thats canny bizarre.

I know on some sites they want the your camper and awning a particular way around when setup. I've often wondered how some campers setup if sites are so strict :confused:

Thats canny bizarre.

I know on some sites they want the your camper and awning a particular way around when setup. I've often wondered how some campers setup if sites are so strict :confused:
I can see the logic in that, to ensure some degree of privacy and to maintain fire gaps.
Bet the wardens ex CMC who found their regime too lax!

I can see the logic in that, to ensure some degree of privacy and to maintain fire gaps.
Bet the wardens ex CMC who found their regime too lax!
Ex Gestapo moved over to the other side !

More likely they don’t want those horrible little camper vans spoiling the view of the sea of white wobble boxes.

Suggest you take your hard earned where it will be appreciated.

Also from the website

**Strictly no commercial or minibus type vehicles anywhere on our site, no tents or folding campers permitted

Can you imagine the Daily Mail headlines if European campsites barred UK spec caravans an motorhomes!:mad:

Taken from their website, pic 1, a van with the door on the right, pic 2 a van with a door on the van 1.jpgright.van 1.jpgVan 2.jpg