Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

points blacks .... and beyond

I'm trying motors
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Good evening everyone,
last week I withdrew Cali, far from my house, but this has nothing to do ...
It was late afternoon and it was almost dark, I spent some time with the seller to make sure that there was everything .. and more I could not see well.
The next day it rained and when including these wipers have begun to make a rumoraccio when crawling on the glass.
Morale on the bodywork and the windshield (even the rear window and tailgate) were adhered with dirt ...... is the residue of train brakes during transportation and nobody had cleaned ... I proceeded I with Claybar and fortunately it seems to be solved, but it was a big job.
Fortunately, the dealer is available to compensate the work done, since he had not been performed but by me, in delivery costs, largely paid! This is my testimony, for the benefit of those who have the good fortune to pick up a new Cali for you to check for good.
regards

Good information to share and for those buying to think about. It is always difficult to view a vehicle when it is dark or when it has been raining. Rain can hide a lot of problems you would see on another day but when the distance is a long way, it can be difficult to return another day.

It is good that you resolved and that the dealer has agreed to compensate.

My Dad always said to me from a young age, never buy a car in the dark or on a rainy day. :) Good advice.

You are definitely right!
It 'the first time that I can not control the vehicle well, but since last year I bought a car the other VW group, and I had no problem I trusted ....
However nothing to complain about the willingness shown by the dealer!
Rather I would like to be able to protect the paint, white, restoring with a great wax (the Claybar unfortunately takes it ..) that it is not difficult to put (I worked so hard!)
Do you have any experience? So far I have used 3M products ...
regards

I have a friend who uses the claybars and special polishes as his business. I plan to pay him to do a mirror polish on my van sometime in the new year. It is very hard work! I am impressed you did the work!

m a damn stubborn! and for my Cali, so desired, I wanted to provide to me.
I can assure you that it is not just a job, but Nenci so tiring, at least it's rewarding because you see the result, I worked around three hours, including glasses and now I miss the wax, I imagine an hour or so.
No lack of work between bike and boat hire ....
Hello

m a damn stubborn! and for my Cali, so desired, I wanted to provide to me.
I can assure you that it is not just a job, but Nenci so tiring, at least it's rewarding because you see the result, I worked around three hours, including glasses and now I miss the wax, I imagine an hour or so.
No lack of work between bike and boat hire ....
Hello
Well done. You have to post some pictures when you are finished.:thumb

Oh no! do not ask me to post photos, I'm not capable.
Let me take effort, but do not make me think .....
Also I work for 42 years and I still plugging away for 10 months ... but mostly peacefully now that I have the Cali !!

Hi Alter,
Well done you, I admire your effort with the clay bar. But as I know the results after are well worth it.
I have always used a very fine one on a new car, whether it was brand new or second hand to me. I did the same with my new Cali.
I too am never sure on what wax to use after. The one at the moment is a m'guires from a tub. But I think they are all mostly the same...

For me with the car it's usually a spring job immediately after a good wash. (Not me.. the car)
The bar, or the piece I am using removes all tar and traffic film.

But, and there is a but. If you drop that clay bar or let it slip from your fingers.... it is scrap. Don't!!!! Be tempted to use it again... you don't know what speck it may have picked up that you are about to rub over your shiny smooth paint.

Shadrack.

Back