Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rain Water inside of Folding Mirrors.

I generally fold my mirrors when parked by holding the button on the fob for a few seconds, but the mirrors (mainly passenger side mirro) do not always reset to the down position when you turn the ignition on and I have to manually turn the mirror knob to up and the back to the down position to get it to reset. Anyone else have the same problem and resolved?
just started having this problem . mirrors fold up ok ,.then came back to van and started engine and they did not go back . drove back and forth, put heated mirrors on , open and closed van . they would not fold back down. then after about 10 mins they both went down. im not sure if this had any think to do with it but i could not get the windows to drop with the remote too. ? is there any other way of moving them if this happens ?

just started having this problem . mirrors fold up ok ,.then came back to van and started engine and they did not go back . drove back and forth, put heated mirrors on , open and closed van . they would not fold back down. then after about 10 mins they both went down. im not sure if this had any think to do with it but i could not get the windows to drop with the remote too. ? is there any other way of moving them if this happens ?
The only way I have found to reset the mirrors is to use the mirror control knob on the drivers door. i have found that turning the knob to put the mirrors in the up position and then turning it to down does move both mirrors back down - so far on my van anyway

The only way I have found to reset the mirrors is to use the mirror control knob on the drivers door. i have found that turning the knob to put the mirrors in the up position and then turning it to down does move both mirrors back down - so far on my van anyway
mine is a 6.1 . not sure if they have changed what the nob does. but ill give it a try. ill have another look at the manual too. thanks.

mine is a 6.1 . not sure if they have changed what the nob does. but ill give it a try. ill have another look at the manual too. thanks.
The knob still has the fold/unfold function on the 6.1

The knob still has the fold/unfold function on the 6.1
yes . its different to all our other vw cars we have. we thought it was heated mirrors on or off . not on or fold . we have been turning heated mirrors off not realising it was folding them up. we have been folding them up with the key fob. with the nob in the wrong position. so all working fine now. its just me that's broke.

yes . its different to all our other vw cars we have. we thought it was heated mirrors on or off . not on or fold . we have been turning heated mirrors off not realising it was folding them up. we have been folding them up with the key fob. with the nob in the wrong position. so all working fine now. its just me that's broke.
Glad you are all sorted. Heated mirror is on the same button too. But rotate it another click and you are then folding.

Back