Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop top paint oxidised

welshwestie

welshwestie

The paint work has oxidised along the side of our pop top. It's the side over the sliding door. I've tried some Autoglym Super resin Polish as it's reportedly good for such problems. I didn't use a machine, applied by hand. Some improvement, but could be better. Now thinking something with a little more abrasion, such as T-Cut. What are your thoughts?

As the roof is gel coated, was also thinking of looking at marine based products, as they too suffer with oxidisation.

Autoglym Super resin polish is just a polish and has none (or very little) cutting action. I had a red 1999 t4 with a Reimo roof which responded brilliantly to T cut. You wouldn't want to be doing it too often as it does remove paint, so protect it well with good polishes afterwards.
If yours is 'solid' (non metallic) paint, it's worth a try, but start in a small area, out of sight (somewhere in the middle).

Thanks for the reply. I will try a small area. Worse case scenario, I can always get a mate to blow some paint over. He's got the tools, and skills.

(again remembering mine was solid paint.... And red which fades)... I got addicted; ended up doing the whole Van which ended up looking new..... And weighed a few grams less!

I got addicted

Ditto. Started on the bonnet with Autoglym cutting paste.........six hours later, new van. I love the finishing super resin hi gloss stuff.

pod.

The paint work has oxidised along the side of our pop top. It's the side over the sliding door. I've tried some Autoglym Super resin Polish as it's reportedly good for such problems. I didn't use a machine, applied by hand. Some improvement, but could be better. Now thinking something with a little more abrasion, such as T-Cut. What are your thoughts?

As the roof is gel coated, was also thinking of looking at marine based products, as they too suffer with oxidisation.
How'd you get on with the T-cut and Polish? I Think mine has the same problem you speak of... Curious to know if did the job?
Cheers

Autoglym cutting polish. Treat with care.

Back