Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop up roof damaged canvas repair?

Yes the bungee stays on all the time...Really they are directed at the electric roof owners but obviously can happen to the Manual roof as well. I had a slight mishap early on in our ownership but luckily only 2 tiny holes..I put a patch on the inside only as it can look a bit unsightly if yo put it on the outside..I suppose it depends how bad it is...I even considered sowing it but I’m happy with the way it’s turned out...
Thanks Peter very helpful and appreciated

I just taped over from the outside.

Plonk it on, with time forget about the holes and just enjoy the van.

I don't use a bungee but I know lots of people who just leave it in place all the time.
Thanks Granny Jen

Help please!

I bought a bungee cord for the pop top bellows on our Beach. Is this supposed to stay on permanently?

Somehow we have picked up two fang holes in the bellows on the n/s/r it is a manual roof. Plan to use tear aid type a to repair do i need to tape inside and out? Grateful for any feedback received.

Im afraid to say, the bungee may have contributed to the tear. I was tear free, until I fitted the bungee and then became to complacent.
My new van hasn’t had one fitted and so far so good...

Last edited:
Im afraid to say, the bungee may have contributed to the tear. I was tear free, until I fitted the bungee and then because to complacent.
My new van hasn’t had one fitted and so far so good...
Like you say you definitely must’ve become complacent even with the bungee fitted..They are definitely not foolproof and they are just a “Helping hand” but you still have to follow all the previous procedures...Check, check then check again...