Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

pop-up roof canvas wearing through at front "hinge".

A

andrew bazeley

VIP Member
I've been popping up my roof for over 11 years now, and have only managed to trap it once in the scissors on the side! What I noticed today, though, was that the canvas at the top of the front vertical reinforcing strip has worn through where it bends inwards. For a while now, I've been reaching inside when lowering the roof, and pulling in the middle "hinge", to stop it from being trapped. But the upper joint is the one now that seems to have been affected. The whole canvas area just under the front roof line is badly discoloured, which suggested things are not right in that area when the roof closes up. Any similar experiences, or suggestions? Or just how to reseal it, other than with gaffer tape?

I've been popping up my roof for over 11 years now, and have only managed to trap it once in the scissors on the side! What I noticed today, though, was that the canvas at the top of the front vertical reinforcing strip has worn through where it bends inwards. For a while now, I've been reaching inside when lowering the roof, and pulling in the middle "hinge", to stop it from being trapped. But the upper joint is the one now that seems to have been affected. The whole canvas area just under the front roof line is badly discoloured, which suggested things are not right in that area when the roof closes up. Any similar experiences, or suggestions? Or just how to reseal it, other than with gaffer tape?
Cannot help you with the cause etc: but you could use Tear Aid to repair. A piece inside and one outside will give you a permanent repair.