Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Poptop roof

Cubby

Cubby

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi all after spending my first night in my pop top and having a bit of driving rain i was woken by the tiniest of water spitting through the top side vents at the highest point of the roof have any of you experienced campers had this or know of a quick fix in the way of covers to go over the vents etc.

Hi all after spending my first night in my pop top and having a bit of driving rain i was woken by the tiniest of water spitting through the top side vents at the highest point of the roof have any of you experienced campers had this or know of a quick fix in the way of covers to go over the vents etc.

A topper cover from the shop (Comfortz) but I have to say rain coming in through the vents isn’t all that common as far as I’m aware.

Last edited:
If just the vent, then velcro and a small piece of any material, preferably a piece of canvas material.

Yes I have. It doesn’t happen often and only in certain weather conditions. As you say driving rain and water dripping off the roof and being blown in through the vents. It happens rarely and is something I’ve lived with. I think the amount of water ingress is minuscule and there is probably more water given off by our bodies during the night. Your first night in your camper is not typical I can assure you.

Yes its normal but never seems to cause any problems and nothing seems to get wet inside, I prefer to have the ventilation otherwise you will just get condensation build up else where in the van.