Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof mechanism sounds like its operating at night

M

matt.jwood

I keep getting woken up in the middle of the night by what sounds like the roof starting to close. It only lasts a few seconds, generally long enough for me to consider bailing head first through to the front seats but not actually do it. Has anyone else had a similar problem? And even better has anyone solved it?

I keep getting woken up in the middle of the night by what sounds like the roof starting to close. It only lasts a few seconds, generally long enough for me to consider bailing head first through to the front seats but not actually do it. Has anyone else had a similar problem? And even better has anyone solved it?
Normal. About 10hrs after Ignition Off, the roof mechanism checks the hydraulic pressure and if not optimal automatically re-pressurises the system. If you want to stop that happening in the middle of the night then Ignition On/Off before bedtime.

Normal. About 10hrs after Ignition Off, the roof mechanism checks the hydraulic pressure and if not optimal automatically re-pressurises the system. If you want to stop that happening in the middle of the night then Ignition On/Off before bedtime.
As I recall the first ”re pressure “ is at 10 hours then every 5 hours after that, if needed.

Thanks. That's reassuring. Good to know I'm not going to be crushed:)

Back