Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Porta Pottie/Pop Top Sleeping

homerorchid

homerorchid

VIP Member
Excuss me for asking but is it practical/safe to sleep upstairs and both use Porta Pottie a couple of times during the night?

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Staff member
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
It’s fine if you don’t sleep walk. :D But you do need to be quite intimate even if you use a small potty unless you demand the other person remains asleep!

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
It’s not a problem. Once one cracks and makes the trip they are swiftly followed by the other.

Mike

Bellcrew

Bellcrew

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Now there is an idea to conjure with, a hubbies platform project is currently in the design stage!

homerorchid

homerorchid

VIP Member
Cali on order, just going through some practicalities in my head. The picture I have; had a few beers, 3am, up top (sleeping heads towards cab), turning round to go downstairs, suppose it must be do-able but the mind boggles. Would Bandrup steps be a useful aid or a waste of money. Proberly over thinking things to entertain self while waiting for Cali

ArunAlec

ArunAlec

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Cali on order, just going through some practicalities in my head. The picture I have; had a few beers, 3am, up top (sleeping heads towards cab), turning round to go downstairs, suppose it must be do-able but the mind boggles. Would Bandrup steps be a useful aid or a waste of money. Proberly over thinking things to entertain self while waiting for Cali
When sleeping upstairs a porta potty downstairs is good but to be honest we just use a small bucket rather than faf about with chemicals. If I'm solo I use a screw top detergent bottle ..... You need to get the right size opening!

Cwoods1405

Cwoods1405

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We sleep upstairs and have a porta potty downstairs and find it works very well. Fits under the parcel shelf so easy to store. I tend not to worry too much about chemicals as it’s only for number ones. I am too clumsy for the bucket option and “aim” is less important when you have a larger target. We also have a ladder which is useful for putting on a topper etc as well as getting up top.

ejmoore

ejmoore

2016 California Ocean 2.0 TDI
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
The combination of sleeping upstairs & using the porta-potti works really well. Set up the pp downstairs & go to bed upstairs. When you want to use it, go downstairs & pull the shutter across to close off the upstairs. Utilise potti. Discreet & pretty soundproof.

Ksar-el-kebir

Ksar-el-kebir

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Excuss me for asking but is it practical/safe to sleep upstairs and both use Porta Pottie a couple of times during the night?
I got one as my lady friend came with me on a month’s trip round Southern Europe. Never used it!

Steve&Bev

Steve&Bev

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
The combination of sleeping upstairs & using the porta-potti works really well. Set up the pp downstairs & go to bed upstairs. When you want to use it, go downstairs & pull the shutter across to close off the upstairs. Utilise potti. Discreet & pretty soundproof.
Pulling the shutter is an excellent idea & much more private. Thanks for the tip!!!

Last edited: