Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Porta Pottie/Pop Top Sleeping

homerorchid

homerorchid

VIP Member
Excuss me for asking but is it practical/safe to sleep upstairs and both use Porta Pottie a couple of times during the night?

It’s fine if you don’t sleep walk. :D But you do need to be quite intimate even if you use a small potty unless you demand the other person remains asleep!

Good question - for anyone of a certain age. Answer: yes, absolutely. But both just need a bit of practice!

It’s not a problem. Once one cracks and makes the trip they are swiftly followed by the other.

Mike

I presume you are not suggesting using the portal-potti upstairs? :shocked

Now there is an idea to conjure with, a hubbies platform project is currently in the design stage!

Cali on order, just going through some practicalities in my head. The picture I have; had a few beers, 3am, up top (sleeping heads towards cab), turning round to go downstairs, suppose it must be do-able but the mind boggles. Would Bandrup steps be a useful aid or a waste of money. Proberly over thinking things to entertain self while waiting for Cali

Cali on order, just going through some practicalities in my head. The picture I have; had a few beers, 3am, up top (sleeping heads towards cab), turning round to go downstairs, suppose it must be do-able but the mind boggles. Would Bandrup steps be a useful aid or a waste of money. Proberly over thinking things to entertain self while waiting for Cali
When sleeping upstairs a porta potty downstairs is good but to be honest we just use a small bucket rather than faf about with chemicals. If I'm solo I use a screw top detergent bottle ..... You need to get the right size opening!

We sleep upstairs and have a porta potty downstairs and find it works very well. Fits under the parcel shelf so easy to store. I tend not to worry too much about chemicals as it’s only for number ones. I am too clumsy for the bucket option and “aim” is less important when you have a larger target. We also have a ladder which is useful for putting on a topper etc as well as getting up top.

The combination of sleeping upstairs & using the porta-potti works really well. Set up the pp downstairs & go to bed upstairs. When you want to use it, go downstairs & pull the shutter across to close off the upstairs. Utilise potti. Discreet & pretty soundproof.

Excuss me for asking but is it practical/safe to sleep upstairs and both use Porta Pottie a couple of times during the night?
I got one as my lady friend came with me on a month’s trip round Southern Europe. Never used it!

The combination of sleeping upstairs & using the porta-potti works really well. Set up the pp downstairs & go to bed upstairs. When you want to use it, go downstairs & pull the shutter across to close off the upstairs. Utilise potti. Discreet & pretty soundproof.
Pulling the shutter is an excellent idea & much more private. Thanks for the tip!!!

Last edited: