Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Portable Fridge. Where and What?

Karlos Fandango

Karlos Fandango

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello. Where do people like to store their fridge and what fridge are people buying? I'm stuck on this one and lots of other things seem to depend on getting this part of the puzzle sorted first. My preference is behind passenger seat for ease of access but out of the way under multi board is an option. And what size and brand to get? Yep I would love the CFX35 but out of my price range. Looking at an Outwell 30 or 40, TotalCool 35 or 45 or the Just Kampers 45. Any help might save my family from me over thinking this any longer.

Many thanks

I keep mine behind passenger seat and have CF26, because it came from my other car and was perfect size behind the seat too. It's ok size for 1 person for couple of days. Depending on the trip, I keep there food or just drinks.

TCX21 travelled behind Passenger Seat in Beach for 7 years, work excellently even in Gibraltar/Portugal Summer Heat

Hello. Where do people like to store their fridge and what fridge are people buying? I'm stuck on this one and lots of other things seem to depend on getting this part of the puzzle sorted first. My preference is behind passenger seat for ease of access but out of the way under multi board is an option. And what size and brand to get? Yep I would love the CFX35 but out of my price range. Looking at an Outwell 30 or 40, TotalCool 35 or 45 or the Just Kampers 45. Any help might save my family from me over thinking this any longer.

Many thanks

Total cool 35 are good, bit noisier than CFX35 when getting up (down) to temp, but silent after.

Thanks Butty. Where do you store it?

We had a CFX35 in our old Beach stored on a slide out boot tray. Sold it when we sold the Beach.

But have since purchased a TOTALFREEZE 35 that we use in our garden room at home. Works great!

We had a CFX35 in our old Beach stored on a slide out boot tray. Sold it when we sold the Beach.

But have since purchased a TOTALFREEZE 35 that we use in our garden room at home. Works great!

That's funny as I was just looking at the Total Cool page and think I have decided on the 35. Many thanks

That's funny as I was just looking at the Total Cool page and think I have decided on the 35. Many thanks
Their fridges do seem really good value compared to Dometic and Indel B. Their 18L fridge looks a very close copy of the Indel B equivalent. I imagine the difference is in the quality of the compressor.

At the other end of their value scale, I bought a Totalcool 3000 air cooler off eBay. £300 new for what is essentially a small plastic box with a fan :eek: