Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Portable solar and batteries

Mowbotman

Mowbotman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I have a folding panel which we used on previous campers ( nissan elgrand ) dear i say !
As we very really go on sites with hook up,
There does not seam to be a definite conclusion in this forum on were to fit sockets
Also i have an SE do these have two leisure batteries as well ! And are they located under passenger seat and below wardrobe, would connecting directly to one charge both( if they are connected together not through the vehicle camper controller )
Or do you have to put two charge sockets in ? If they are completely separate and do different jobs in the camper side does anyone know what each of them connect to
I do not need to connect solar to vehicle battery at this point
Thanks

Having a Beach, I have the connector fitted to the under seat battery - the only leisure battery in mine. Works well as the cable goes out through the door and doesn't get squashed.
Since both of the leisure batteries in yours are connected in parallel, I see no reason why the same approach would not work for you.

I have a folding panel which we used on previous campers ( nissan elgrand ) dear i say !
As we very really go on sites with hook up,
There does not seam to be a definite conclusion in this forum on were to fit sockets
Also i have an SE do these have two leisure batteries as well ! And are they located under passenger seat and below wardrobe, would connecting directly to one charge both( if they are connected together not through the vehicle camper controller )
Or do you have to put two charge sockets in ? If they are completely separate and do different jobs in the camper side does anyone know what each of them connect to
I do not need to connect solar to vehicle battery at this point
Thanks
2 batteries wired in parallel to act as one 150 amp battery. Normally solar is connected to the rear battery as easiest to get to but either can be used.
The rear battery has a 50 amp cube fuse on the red +the pole. Don't overtighten as it can break.

Last edited:
Back