Possible RCD310 Swap?

Paulro

Paulro

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi Guys
I have a 2007 standard California and I'm wondering if it is possible to swap this for something more up to date?
I don't have steering wheel controls and there's no Bluetooth or anything like that and I was hoping radio reception might be improved on the continent.
I currently use a Garmin sat nav but would use a. Built in unit if I had one.
Any thoughts and advice?
Thanks
Paul

There are many many options you can choose, my recommendation would be to go aftermarket, as in buy a unit from Pioneer, Alpine or another well known manufacturer. You can get amazing units with built in Sat Nav, Bluetooth for phone calls and much more, it'll sound better too.

There's not much reason for you to try to fit something specifically made for the T5 / California, these generally cost more and have less features.

Any good Car Stereo shop should be able to advise you, Absolute 5 in Wiltshire know their way around a T5 and can advise on the best unit for you.

Hope that helps.

There are many many options you can choose, my recommendation would be to go aftermarket, as in buy a unit from Pioneer, Alpine or another well known manufacturer. You can get amazing units with built in Sat Nav, Bluetooth for phone calls and much more, it'll sound better too.

There's not much reason for you to try to fit something specifically made for the T5 / California, these generally cost more and have less features.

Any good Car Stereo shop should be able to advise you, Absolute 5 in Wiltshire know their way around a T5 and can advise on the best unit for you.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your advice. I spoke with Absolute 5 today and they were extremely helpful. Looking at Pioneer Avic range. F70 or F77 both look really good.