Post a photo of a Cali you regret selling

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Been thinking about this for a while but I'm spurned on by the recent "buyer's remorse" post and @larrylamb using the term "seller's remorse" in that post.

Post a photo of a Cali you regret selling.

I could list plenty, but will start with this 1999 T4 Westfalia California Exclusive. Similar to the high top Joker but more spacious inside as it omitted the shower.

twinweb.jpg
They are as rare as hen's teeth in the UK, although that's what I believed until this happened! (mine has the alloys).

I'm soon to list my 06 LHD T5 Cali that has fitted my particular needs very well. Hope I don't regret that one too!

VW T2 Viking.

My first camper!

Struggling to find a photo, but was the same as below:

Now that's a poptop !

Expecting that I’ll get ‘sellers remorse’ is exactly why I’ve currently got two Calis on my driveway - a 2024 Beach and our 2013 SE.

The Beach is great, but our SE is my first Cali love (and I prefer it to drive and to look at).

I’ll have to bite the bullet and sell it sometime, but I’m currently in denial. Any advice would be appreciated :)

A47269AA-E148-4F63-A45B-DEC117182BE7.jpeg

89727B0E-6D59-4325-A694-7D43C8168692.jpeg

Another regret..... 2002 T4, bought in the classifieds here one Sunday night for £10k! Saw the ad, was convinced it was a scam, took the dog for a walk, came back and decided to ring the seller who was just like J R Hartley. 1owner, only used to drive back and to Spanish villa, absolutely mint and original, 150hp red eye Event, 50 year edition. Eventually sold into the trade at a handsome profit. Convinced myself a T5 was the answer!

20140910_151139.jpg20140910_151102.jpg

If you post, try and let us know why you regret selling and what was the thought process at the time that made you think it was a good idea to sell.

I didn't really do that in my first post...The T4 Exclusive (hightop / lwb) was a real sweet spot for offering a comfortable / warm / 2 (3?) room layout and ease of camping, yet fitted in the covered passageway I have at home. It was too big / heavy to drive as an only vehicle so I sold it because I thought a Cali pop top would do both jobs.
Currently my pop top t5 is jack of all trades and master of none, so swapping to a Ducato (stored in a compound) and a small hybrid car.....Time will tell!

Expecting that I’ll get ‘sellers remorse’ is exactly why I’ve currently got two Calis on my driveway - a 2024 Beach and our 2013 SE.

The Beach is great, but our SE is my first Cali love (and I prefer it to drive and to look at).

I’ll have to bite the bullet and sell it sometime, but I’m currently in denial. Any advice would be appreciated :)

View attachment 121582

View attachment 121583
Sell the Beach and keep the SE. ;)

Has to be my silver t6 joker, should never of sold it to get a new t6.1 joker.View attachment 121602
My 4 seater Beach, bought new in 2018 sold 13 months ago, absolutely loved that Cali.
Due to surgery & health issues it had to be replaced with an Ocean. The Ocean’s lovely but I really miss the additional space in the Beach.

IMG_3131.jpeg

IMG_8449.jpeg

Our 3rd van, apparantly a one off Bilbo conversion previous owners were a vicar and a record producer - had 5 seats and a bolted in kitchen pod…purchased during redundancy as was getting bored at home whilst looking for jobs! Installed EHU, Blanked EGR, fitted VW alloys & had new tinted windows installed.

Only sold it as wife wanted aircon, then we purchased the Beach.

In terms of investment, was great. Paid £5k, sold it 4 years later for £10K to a good home.

IMG_5797.jpegIMG_5798.jpegIMG_5790.jpegIMG_5799.jpegIMG_5777.jpegIMG_5787.jpegIMG_5802.jpegIMG_5800.jpegIMG_2497.jpegIMG_5781.jpeg

I don’t have a picture on hand, but I had a joker t3 in this colour and I still regret selling it (ok, it was air cooled and needed oil every time we went to the petrol station!)

View attachment 121589
We (my brother and I) sold it after two years as we needed the money at the time.
I loved being able to just park up late and sleep in it, always being able to stand in it.
Now we (me with my partner and 2 kids) have an Ocean 6.1. It’s great and we love it, I‘m writing this message from a camping in Cascais Portugal. But it‘s less freedom, as soon as you put the roof up, you tell everyone you are camping. Also the space; the t3 was so much more spacious with the engine at the back! Would love a Westfalia Joker, but the price is a little steep at the moment. Maybe one day it will be a Mercedes like we rented in California 2 years ago!

IMG_3179.jpeg

This was a 2001 Eurovan (T4) V6 with Winnebago conversion. Had it for 17 years and 110 k miles. Drove it all over Europe....including a rest stop by the Buckingham Palace. Do not regret selling it because it was sold at the same price I purchased it. And.... because it was rusting underneath due to South Carolina coast use and Bavarian Alps winters.

6E1CFC78-43C8-46D7-87CF-D3DF7B63F8AE.jpeg

DSCN2007.jpeg

IMG_20170413_183215.jpeg

This was a 2001 Eurovan (T4) V6 with Winnebago conversion. Had it for 17 years and 110 k miles. Drove it all over Europe....including a rest stop by the Buckingham Palace. Do not regret selling it because it was sold at the same price I purchased it. And.... because it was rusting underneath due to South Carolina coast use and Bavarian Alps winters.

View attachment 121692

View attachment 121694

View attachment 121695
That's an incredible write up and a very rare van!

Back