Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Post Bre*it travel

My English Cocker Spaniel (Spanish breed further developed in England) and my little cross (2 French breeds) are very concerned about Brexit... I shall use the following on Christmas Jumper day in the office...

I wonder if the ones that voted for Brexit will return to any of us the dog passport fees (£85 per dog)

CD29D368-EF4A-4091-8DEB-E873729527CC.png

If the government doesn't know what will happen - how can a vet know? Looks like passing the buck to me.

French dogs need to have a rabies vaccination - and they also have something like a passport. The French just love all paperwork. Not sure if it still happens, but at one time the rabies vaccine number was tattooed on the dog's ear.

We will all have to wait and see - but Brexit could turn out to have the same effect as the Millenium Bug. i.e. Nothing changes at all.

Mmmmmm, very interesting. We bought a house some twelve years ago in Spain. A few months later we got a puppy 'Effie the effin' dog'. As we travel between our home here in Spain and our home in Garstang we did all the necessary things to obtain a passport for 'Effie the effin' dog' which was in fact prepared by our veterinary in Vinaros. Some time ago we had to renew the passport due to the many crossings made from Spain to the UK, there wasn't enough space left for the proven health checks etc. No problem at all, but again from our veterinary in Vinaros. My thinking is as she is a Spanish dog with a Spanish Pet Passport all this bollox issued by Eurotunnel and DEFRA shouldn't effect our dog at all as she's a foreigner!!!

fullsizeoutput_c8d.jpeg

My English Cocker Spaniel (Spanish breed further developed in England) and my little cross (2 French breeds) are very concerned about boris bike... I shall use the following on Christmas Jumper day in the office...

I wonder if the ones that voted for boris bike will return to any of us the dog passport fees (£85 per dog)

View attachment 39454

Man that is so sad...

Hmmm, interesting - I live in Switzerland and I am planning to go to UK next year. Our dog has a British dog passport so it may be an issue going back into France from the UK. So it looks like I need to get our dog a Swiss pass and the rabies blood test in good time
I notice Switzerland manages pretty well not being in the EU. Funny that eh

Great news! Less annoying British dogs on French campsites - what's not to like?!

;)
How did you do that huge blank pause there. Or should I say paws?

I notice Switzerland manages pretty well not being in the EU. Funny that eh
Switzerland is what the Johnson Brothers might call a vassal state. It pays into the EU’s coffers, and follows many of the EU’s rules (including free movement of people) without having a say in how the EU is run.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Switzerland is what the Johnson Brothers might call a vassal state. It pays into the EU’s coffers, and follows many of the EU’s rules (including free movement of people) without having a say in how the EU is run.7

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
Still not in the EU though are they.have their own currency etc. Don't see the difference. Yes they have a EU deal going on. But I reckon it suits them more than it suits the corrupt EU. Here we go...

Still not in the EU though are they.have their own currency etc. Don't see the difference. Yes they have a EU deal going on. But I reckon it suits them more than it suits the corrupt EU. Here we go...
I thought you’d already gone.......

I have just had this message from Le Shuttle.

==========

Important Pet Travel Scheme Update

As a customer who has previously travelled on Eurotunnel with your pet, we wanted to make you aware of DEFRA’s update on the Pet Travel Scheme if there is a ‘no deal’ boris bike.

DEFRA have today announced their recommendation that pet owners planning to travel immediately after 29th March 2019 contact their vet at least four months in advance of travel to check what they need to do.

For example, if you are travelling on 30th March 2019 the recommendation is that you visit your vet as soon as possible, and before the end of November 2018 at the latest.

DEFRA have advised that you will still be able to travel with your pet to Europe after Britain leaves the EU, however you may need to take some additional steps to allow your pet/s to travel in a ‘no deal’ scenario.

Stay up to date with the latest advice by visiting www.gov.uk and searching "pet travel". Updates will also be available at eurotunnel.com.

Yours sincerely,
Jo Willacy
Commercial Director

Hi,
Thank you very very much.
Been onto DEFRA (Guidance Pet Travel to Europe) site and confirmed your info.
We travel at least twice a year with our dogs from France to the UK, and so we're very thankful that you brought this up.
We have booked an appointment with our local French vet to get the necessary blood tests done in the event of a "no deal".
Better safe than sorry.
Thanks once again.
Adrian

someone explained UK vs Switzerland/Norway as follows

UK -- the girl/boyfriend that dumped you(eu)

Switzerland/Norway - the girl/boyfriend that you really want, but won't have you(eu)

hence the difference in perceived attitudes

Never mind the dog passports - we went to the PO yesterday to get our International Driving Permits before the rush starts in 3 months time.