Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Postponed gigs

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Bought tickets to see Jeff Beck at the Royal Albert Hall. Original show was May 2020, then rescheduled to May 2021 and now rescheduled again for May 2022!
At this rate either Jeff, me, or both of us will be dead before it goes ahead :)
Also rescheduled to 2021 :- Milton Jones at Aylesbury and FOALS at Olympia. Waiting for these to move to 2022 also.
Anybody else got lots of dosh tied up in postponed gigs?

All of mine so far have been given the same or similar date but in 2021. One theatre show has moved from July 2021 to January 2022.

2022 just seems like such a long way off!

We will rock you at MK theatre, initially rescheduled to jan 2021, now “postponed“

808 State at Earth in Dalston

The other way around: my bass tuba and bass trombone have been collecting dust for months now... no gigs!

Rodger Hodgson (Supertramp) postponed until next June from last June was cancelled completely just yesterday

Le Mans motogp - now going 2021
Pretty Women - cancelled
Carfest 2020 - postponed to 2021
Phantom of the opera- cancelled

I have so many vouchers to use now its ridiculous!

Queen, Elbow, Genesis & The Killers.

In some ways nice to have much of next year's entertainment prepaid etc. Just hoping we can make the dates, whenever they may be.

Elbow in Bournemouth and Paul Weller in Southampton both postponed to 2021. Remains to be seen if they happen. I am in a local covers band myself and we were gigging regularly until the first lockdown struck. Apart from one outdoor gig in a pub we have played nothing since. That pub has now sadly been forced to close there’s not much chance of anything happening until well into new year. Even then as things stand pub gigs wont be the same with seated audiences, no dancing etc. It has devastated the normally very active music scene on the south coast. Hoping the new Cali will cheer me up a bit!

Bought tickets to see Jeff Beck at the Royal Albert Hall. Original show was May 2020, then rescheduled to May 2021 and now rescheduled again for May 2022!
At this rate either Jeff, me, or both of us will be dead before it goes ahead :)
Also rescheduled to 2021 :- Milton Jones at Aylesbury and FOALS at Olympia. Waiting for these to move to 2022 also.
Anybody else got lots of dosh tied up in postponed gigs?
We do lots of festivals, so got loads of dosh tied up in tickets carried over to next year. the first one'll be May so fingers crossed. One is advertising already, Timberfest (June) in the National Forest. No dogs allowed on the main or camp sites so hubby will be at home with the Barnster.

We did get to one this year: Beardy Folk Festival. postponed from June to Sept. we didn't think it'd run, but it did with some great covid safety precautions. It was so great to feel "part-normal".

It’s a fairly small festival anyway but less places were available and camping was well spaced. Before anyone says, the photo was taken just as we’d driven off the levellers whilst packing away to leave!

04D4F8D9-4F87-464A-9B82-105FABAF611F.jpeg

Last edited:
We do lots of festivals, so got loads of dosh tied up in tickets carried over to next year. the first one'll be May so fingers crossed. One is advertising already, Timberfest (June) in the National Forest. No dogs allowed on the main or camp sites so hubby will be at home with the Barnster.

We did get to one this year: Beardy Folk Festival. postponed from June to Sept. we didn't think it'd run, but it did with some great covid safety precautions. It was so great to feel "part-normal".

It’s a fairly small festival anyway but less places were available and camping was well spaced. Before anyone says, the photo was taken just as we’d driven off the levellers whilst packing away to leave!

View attachment 69768
Not sure if it’s your thing but this was a great gig. They are still touring the show, as and when allowed, I believe.

I’ve got a Glastonbury ticket but i wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen again In 2021

I’ve got a Glastonbury ticket but i wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen again In 2021
I think the smaller, “boutique”, festivals have a better chance of surviving next year.

Did you go this year, and see Jack White?!
Unfortunately, I didn’t go. I’ve changed jobs which meant it was just too complicated in the end. I did go in 2019, so at least I have experienced it.
I went to Kendal Calling instead but had to camp as no camper van pitches left.

I waited over 2 years a 4 postponements to see Mystery Jets (very good) and also waited 2 years to see Fat Freddy's Drop, then they cancelled the gig. I ended up going to 9 gigs in 14 days earlier this year as a result of postponements, birthday presents (James Blake), 2 bands I'd waited ages to see (Alt-j and Public Service Broadcasting), and a band doing their first UK gigs (The Smile) all having dates in the same fortnight. That was a few months ago. I am just about ready for another gig now.