Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wheel Alignment.

Y

YawpedalMiska

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi All, I have looked at previous Threads on this Subject. I have a May 2022 California Coast. When driving in a straight line , say up a Motorway, my Steering Wheel
is not Horizontal, it is offset to the right. My nearest VW Main Dealer does not carry out Wheel Alignment. Also some Garages say as it is relatively new, they would
not have the Factory Set Current Measurements. I saw on a previous Thread someone posted Current Measurements for an Ocean T6. Would anyone have the Current Measurements for my 2022 Coast T6.1 ? Many Thanks.

I had the same problem with the steering wheel. VW have criteria for doing a wheel alignment under warranty. From memory I think the vehicle has to have done at least 1500 miles but less than 5000. Dealer sent mine to a local wheel alignment centre under warranty, but to be honest even though they got the alignment 'in spec' the wheel still wasn't straight. I ended up taking it to a local independent to spent about an hour sorting it out so the numbers will still right but the steering wheel was level.

I finally lost any tendency for the steering wheel position to change with road camber when all front bushes were replaced by adjustable angle ones and had the suspension set correctly.

Prior to that the Left and Right sides had different Caster and Camber angles (toe in/out was set correctly) which I suspect is the main cause of steering wheel 'apparent' fault.

I finally lost any tendency for the steering wheel position to change with road camber when all front bushes were replaced by adjustable angle ones and had the suspension set correctly.

Prior to that the Left and Right sides had different Caster and Camber angles (toe in/out was set correctly) which I suspect is the main cause of steering wheel 'apparent' fault.
Interesting, rotating bush with offset centre?
Can you post a link to what you bought?

Ah yes, so they come with a C spanner. Understood.

Back