Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Meeting in Donadea Forest Park, Co. Kildare

Eber123

Eber123

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hello,

At almost at the end of the summer season I was wondering if it would be a good idea to arrange a "get together" to talk about "California".

May I suggest Donadea Forest Park in Co. Kildare?

It has a nice car park with plenty of room (I don't believe that 50x vehicles will come :)), has two new toilets and a nice pond with ducks which might be interesting for children. Also it is a nice place to go for a walk with the dog. The disadvantage is that there is an entry fee of EUR 5.00 (debit card, no cash).

May I suggest Saturday 24/09/2022?

I will be there from 11 am onward.

Information of the park and how to get there can be found here: https://www.coillte.ie/site/donadea-forest-park/

If you are interested let me know and I hope I will see a few of you in Donadea on Saturday 24/09/2022.

Happy Grand California,
Eberhard

Hello,

If the weather forecast is correct there might be some rain later in the afternoon on that day. So hopefully there are a few dry hours in the morning.

If somebody has some questions about the place, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Looking forward to meet fellow California users.

Regards,
Eberhard

Hello,

I just had a look at the weather forecast for Saturday - hurray! it looks certainly better than today.

It seems it rains only once today - the entire day. :(

Regards,
Eberhard

Hello,

I just had a look at the weather forecast for Saturday - hurray! it looks certainly better than today.

It seems it rains only once today - the entire day. :(

Regards,
Eberhard

Hi Eberhard, did the meet up go ahead? I am a new Cali coast member here and live near Donadea! Pity i missed this. Maybe next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello @Oceansweeper1,

Nice to hear that another California is close by.

I thought there would be some interest in a not formalised meet up, especially in the greater Dublin area. I believe there should be a view campers. Unfortenately nobody came.

I will try again at the end of March next year.

I am in Donadea at least one a week, most of the time twice a week walking the dog. If we go there it is early in the morning. When we are back at the camper the pair of us have breakfast .

If you plan to go there let me know, maybe we can meet, I had the California Ocean for 4x years and if you had any questions I might be able to help.

Regards,
Eberhard