Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Powder coated rack

looks great

Finally got around to stripping my rack and powder coating it ... well happy :)

Looks brilliant. I really want to do this on my van too. Can the rack be anodised also or is poser coating better? What is the toughest finish?

Looks brilliant. I really want to do this on my van too. Can the rack be anodised also or is poser coating better? What is the toughest finish?
I was informed that a matt powder coat is the toughest. Matt is actually baked longer and hotter than a gloss powder quote.
It's inexpensive TBH and took a night to strip and a night to build.

V nice. Good work.

I was going to wrap my awning but you had yours powder coated which I hadn't considered. Did it need to be taken apart to be painted / for the ovens?

Thanks
I actually painted the awning, a wrap proved too expensive £240 and to strip to powder coat was a ball ache and you'd still need to paint the plastic bits ! So I bought enamel matt spray cans and a plastic primer ... £20 all in

Where did you get the rack coated please?

View attachment 19521

Finally got around to stripping my rack and powder coating it ... well happy :)

Hi Buddy,

I have got stuck on stripped down a couple of sections on the rack...any chance you could advise me on how to strip down the bits that hold the two sections together? Is it a dowel that runs through the middle? Thanks

Evening all,
this is next on my "to do" list as well so any help and advice would be much appreciated. :thumb

Hi Buddy,

I have got stuck on stripped down a couple of sections on the rack...any chance you could advise me on how to strip down the bits that hold the two sections together? Is it a dowel that runs through the middle? Thanks
You mean the big plastic box section that on the side ?

Back