Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Power sliding door stopped working

calistarlight

calistarlight

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi Everyone. I can’t see this issue currently being discussed. We’ve not used the Cali for a couple of weeks and I’ve just gone to open the electric side door and it’s stopped working. Tried all combinations of buttons on the dash but the door open button is flashing on and off which I’m assuming is a fault. It’s the same if the door is switched off on the dash panel or not. It does open manually but only from inside and it does soft close at the end of a manual close. I phoned the local van centre who said I’d have to wait a month so they suggested I called VW assist. They sent the AA out who checked all he could fuse wise and sensors on the door but didn’t really know what to do. Has anyone else had this problem and am I missing something?
Any thoughts gratefully received
Ocean 150 2022 2100 miles!

Hi Everyone. I can’t see this issue currently being discussed. We’ve not used the Cali for a couple of weeks and I’ve just gone to open the electric side door and it’s stopped working. Tried all combinations of buttons on the dash but the door open button is flashing on and off which I’m assuming is a fault. It’s the same if the door is switched off on the dash panel or not. It does open manually but only from inside and it does soft close at the end of a manual close. I phoned the local van centre who said I’d have to wait a month so they suggested I called VW assist. They sent the AA out who checked all he could fuse wise and sensors on the door but didn’t really know what to do. Has anyone else had this problem and am I missing something?
Any thoughts gratefully received
Ocean 150 2022 2100 miles!
Have you tried with the engine running?

Yes. We had the engine running while the AA guy was checking the fuses and door sensors. He couldn’t find info on where the fuse was for the door though!

Yes. We had the engine running while the AA guy was checking the fuses and door sensors. He couldn’t find info on where the fuse was for the door though!
I don’t have a T6.1 so can’t help you regarding fuse positions. But if no one here comes forward with the info I would suggest trying the T6 Forum.

On the T5.1 and T6 the sliding door power fuse is a 40 amp fuse UNDER the front passenger seat. Possibly the same on the T6.1

A couple of further questions. IMG_1790.jpeg
I’m still looking for an obvious answer so trying to locate the fuse for the door so I can check it. I’m looking under the front passenger seat.
1. In the picture would any of the 3 40a fuses be the one?
2 How do you remove them? I’ve only ever dealt with the blade ones before.

Thanks

A couple of further questions. View attachment 116224
I’m still looking for an obvious answer so trying to locate the fuse for the door so I can check it. I’m looking under the front passenger seat.
1. In the picture would any of the 3 40a fuses be the one?
2 How do you remove them? I’ve only ever dealt with the blade ones before.

Thanks
Any one of the 3 could be the one. I gather they are just Pull fuses but can require a lot of pull. Needle nosed pliers are often mentioned.

So an update! Finally got this fixed after much checking and faffing by the dealer. Had a new door control unit fitted and worked perfectly when returned.
Had it back about 4 weeks and today the inside handle doesn’t activate to open the door any more! It opens with the fob and from the outside handle and from the button on the dash. It even closes with the inside handle. I don’t believe the child lock is activated as that shows up on the dash button.
Not a massive issue but wonder if anyone else has come across this before I book it in again
Thanks