Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Power/torque chart for T6 BiTDi 150kW

Vojta

Vojta

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi!

I'm trying to find chart of power/torque in specific RPM for my engine 150kW diesel (I wanna see BiTurbo effect - if they're parallel or different size). Can't find anything on Google.

Do you know where to look? :)

Thanks!

Superchips website?

I thought they are sequential?

That’s some torque curve!

Puts my cruising at 2,000rpm in the middle of the max torque, doubt if I've seen more than 3,000rpm with the DSG going through the gears.

Puts my cruising at 2,000rpm in the middle of the max torque, doubt if I've seen more than 3,000rpm with the DSG going through the gears.
Well the torques tail off at 2500 so you may as well stick it in manual and shift at that point.

Has @Loz got the equivalent chart for the 150hp (111?kw) for info?.

Thanks Loz. The lower power engines seem (at first glance) to have a slightly larger operating rev band at ‘peak torque’ but of course when you compare side by side you see that “it’s all relative”.

Well the torques tail off at 2500 so you may as well stick it in manual and shift at that point.
My point was that the DSG stays in the max torque band even when going up through the gears..
I've found manual mode pointless other than if you want more engine braking on a downhill section.

My point was that the DSG stays in the max torque band even when going up through the gears..
I've found manual mode pointless other than if you want more engine braking on a downhill section.

Well if you put it in the Sport mode and make it go, it will upshift at 3800 rpm-ish. Which I thought from the beginning is a little suspicious - and that's why I asked for the chart in the first place. I think it just doesn't make sense to do this much rpm when you actually don't have the torque to accelerate anymore (and call it a "sport mode").

Gosh! Almost as if VW engineers programmed it so.

Well if you put it in the Sport mode and make it go, it will upshift at 3800 rpm-ish. Which I thought from the beginning is a little suspicious - and that's why I asked for the chart in the first place. I think it just doesn't make sense to do this much rpm when you actually don't have the torque to accelerate anymore (and call it a "sport mode").
I've found that 'Sport mode' on this and previous cars merely hold on to a gear for longer, higher revs as you say, but doesn't make any real difference.
I thought I'd try it to blow the exhaust system out but pure manual seems to the method for that.

Perhaps it’s because rpm=power not torque?

Having just driven my brand new 204 DSG to Spain and back I have come to the conclusion that this van is going to get me in trouble, it just wants to go! doesn't feel happy doing slow speeds at all. After having the 180 before I'm hugely impressed!

Having just driven my brand new 204 DSG to Spain and back I have come to the conclusion that this van is going to get me in trouble, it just wants to go! doesn't feel happy doing slow speeds at all. After having the 180 before I'm hugely impressed!
Really needs a speed limiter function especially in France with the 80 kph (50mph) limit.

Really needs a speed limiter function especially in France with the 80 kph (50mph) limit.
It’s called ACC set your max speed and it sticks to it uphill and down dale.

Just returned from tour of France / Spain. Speed cameras everywhere!
Already had one fine through the post - 53kmh in a 50 zone from Spain.

It’s called ACC set your max speed and it sticks to it uphill and down dale.
I thought that it was just like normal cruise plus automatically keeps a set distance from any vehicle in front. So it brakes on downhills?

Just returned from tour of France / Spain. Speed cameras everywhere!
Already had one fine through the post - 53kmh in a 50 zone from Spain.
Do you think it's part of a political plan to get us into electric self driven, autonomous, cars like sheep in a row?

Back