Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Price of VW factory awning aftermarket?

D

DDCook

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Anyone give me the RRP of the factory awning, supplied and fitted aftermarket by a VW dealer, it doesn't seem to be anywhere in the aftermarket accessories price list or website.
We have £1000 of accessories to sweeten the deal on a new Cali T6 we are buying, the dealer says that would get me an awning supplied and fitted, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't cost that much, considering a Fiamma supplied and fitted is less than £600.

if I am not mistaken it is about € 600 for the "original" awning without extra's like the supports.
The original VW awning is an omnistor, but on their website you don't find any information except: go to your local dealer...
You can buy all the parts, and installing yourself is a piece of cake if you have the skills to screw some bolts in place.

Anyone give me the RRP of the factory awning, supplied and fitted aftermarket by a VW dealer, it doesn't seem to be anywhere in the aftermarket accessories price list or website.
We have £1000 of accessories to sweeten the deal on a new Cali T6 we are buying, the dealer says that would get me an awning supplied and fitted, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't cost that much, considering a Fiamma supplied and fitted is less than £600.

That's why I went for the Fiamma and it's better quality purchase mine from the forum shop and I got VIP discount :thumb

That's why I went for the Fiamma and it's better quality purchase mine from the forum shop and I got VIP discount :thumb
In what way is the Fiamma better quality than Omnistor?

In what way is the Fiamma better quality than Omnistor?

Because I've had three of the Omnistor and only one survived a year without something falling off or making a noise while driving. When I purchased our beach it came with one of the Omnistor awning that was taken off and sold straightaway and replaced with a Fiamma awning doesn't make a noise while driving which means you don't have to spend hours trying to stop it making a noise and nothing falls off it but that's just my opinion.

I fitted my own Fiamma F45s from the club shop and it was pretty easy. I am a DIY numpty so If I can anyone can. The Fiamma was the standard awning before the change to the Omnistor so they are made to fit and have dedicated brackets.

After a little over 3 years of use, I would say I'm happy with it, would certainly get another if I needed one.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/fiamma-f45s-from-comfortz.13602/

Pros:
Easy to fit with (2 people recommended).
Rain seal and sturdy brackets made for Cali.
Looks nice, good quality canvas, all in one piece.
Large coverage.

Cons:
Some of the struts are very squeaky after a couple years and can sometimes be heard squeaking when going over bumps. Oiling reduces this and is also present on other makes too I understand.
Rear of awning opens up slightly at the back over a long time of driving and needs opening and closing to resolve.
Rear cap has corroded under the paint which is now bubbled and ugly which is disappointing. As it's black it is hard to notice. A new cap is about £30 but they are metal not plastic like the Omnistor. I'm not sure its worth the cost to replace this every 3 years if they do fail that often?

We also have the Fiamma one from the club shop, very easy to fit and good quality. They also had the genuine Thule one available but the Fiamma one was much better value for money

Back