Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Princess Doris

This is almost exactly our set up with our old T6 Denby conversion. We loved the space once we had set up camp but found that increasingly the van was just a means of transport and we were carrying stuff that duplicated its features.
Since having the Cali last October we have decided to leave to driveaway at home and so far we prefer making much more use of the van itself.
What I am thinking is that this is the beauty of the Cali, it can be all things to all people.
Loving your set up.
:thumb

This is almost exactly our set up with our old T6 Denby conversion. We loved the space once we had set up camp but found that increasingly the van was just a means of transport and we were carrying stuff that duplicated its features.
Since having the Cali last October we have decided to leave to driveaway at home and so far we prefer making much more use of the van itself.
What I am thinking is that this is the beauty of the Cali, it can be all things to all people.
Loving your set up.
:thumb
Totally agree.
Decided to only take the awning for stop overs 3 nights or more, or when we take a grandkid. Going to buy a front screen and maybe sides to compliment the wind out canopy.

Absolutely right in my experience of some C&CC sites, although I think @Princess Doris was on safe ground here as I have never seen a C&CC pitch that wide ;)
It was a CAMC site, Cayton Bay, just outside Scarborough. Highly recommended. I was surprised at the width of the pitch, so went full on.
Lots of positive comments.

It was a CAMC site, Cayton Bay, just outside Scarborough. Highly recommended. I was surprised at the width of the pitch, so went full on.
Lots of positive comments.
As a longstanding C&CC member, I only recently joined the C&MC too and have been both amazed at the size of some ‘with awning’ pitches but also impressed by the quality of their sites. My only gripe is that on one I had to park ‘nose out’ which prevented me from opening the fixed awning (actually I opened it anyway but that’s between you and me). ;)
I’ll certainly give Scarborough a visit.