Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Problem fitting carpet

Finlay

Finlay

VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
Hello there!
Purchased a set of mats from the shop, very pleased with quality but having trouble fitting the middle passenger one - can’t get it to slip under the back seat. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem? Maybe I should just cut it to size but seems a shame.
Thanks! :thumb

Hello there!
Purchased a set of mats from the shop, very pleased with quality but having trouble fitting the middle passenger one - can’t get it to slip under the back seat. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem? Maybe I should just cut it to size but seems a shame.
Thanks! :thumb
It should just slide under. Is there anything caught under the seat/drawer stopping it?
Pull draw open fully and check from the boot under the seat?

We had a set of fitted carpet back in 2012 not from the shop, but had the same issue, - gave up in the end and after 6 months used a washable floor rug.

I had same problem but resolved it by feeding the carpet under whilst sitting on the bench seat and moving it forward slowly over the carpet.

I have just purchased and fitted a carpet set from the shop for a T6 2018 and no issues. However, the clearance between the plastic jack case and the carpet can be variable due to the oval holes in the box that the black plastic head securing bolts fit through allowing the jack box to move up or down, restricting clearance for carpet.
Remove jack box and with assistance rock seat backwards (unlatched) and should lift at front clearing carpet and allowing to feed under. Roll seat forward towards front. See how carpet lies and should be able to pull from back of seat through opening revealed by removal of jack box.
In addition, the box mounts on a horizontal bar on each upright of the seat.
If one of these is out of alignment, the gap for the carpet to fit into will be reduced, causing the issue you have experienced.
Have also used a laminate floor closing (self adhesive (just) to van floor) to help join between front area and boot area carpet legs.

IMG_1781.JPG

IMG_1779.JPG

Thank you all very much shall tackle this on the weekend!
Cheers

Back