Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Programmable feature with Carista?

daveyboydanger

daveyboydanger

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Not to restart this thread up again :rolleyes:, did you ever get this sorted ?
Sadly not. Sold the unit on eBay as my week was up and didn't want to pay the year sub. The only thing that I'm grateful for is the speedo on display.

Trebor

Trebor

No looking back .
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Does anyone know whether auto lock doors when moving will work on 2015 April 180 deg 4 motion ? The dealer told me that they can't do it but seems a bit strange .

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I have Carista and set doors to lock on a T6 with no problem. I have latest Beta version. Anyone passing through Bristol is welcome to pop in and give it a try.

Mike

Califorian

Califorian

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Does anyone know whether auto lock doors when moving will work on 2015 April 180 deg 4 motion ? The dealer told me that they can't do it but seems a bit strange .
I have an Aug 2015 180 dsg 4 motion and auto lock doors work fine.

briwy

briwy

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Dealers don't like altering anything from the original spec of the van.
I asked for the auto wipers to be turned off and got can't be done, then we'll it can but we won't because of health and safety.
Couple of minutes with Carista and all sorted.

Calincolnshire

Calincolnshire

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have also got trouble with auto door locking at speed and despite following settings in previous posts it does not work. Other things like needle sweep work fine so the App and Elm dongle work . The reason I subscribed for the week was to get the auto locking working.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or is it bug with certain builds.
I complained to Carista after the issues above and they gave me Beta access and I can now confirm that the latest Beta version of Carista has sorted my Auto locking. Looks like whatever software bug that was stopping it has now been fixed.

Jason wallace

Jason wallace

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Do you know which version the beta is?, wondering if its made it into a full release as i'm tried a couple of times to get auto locking working on my new ocean and the change seems to have no effect.

I complained to Carista after the issues above and they gave me Beta access and I can now confirm that the latest Beta version of Carista has sorted my Auto locking. Looks like whatever software bug that was stopping it has now been fixed.

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Yes it works, I have done this on mine. The dealer told me the same, its not true.

I also enabled bluetooth for free (although not with carista) on my RNS315 which they told me would be £400 to install the necessary hardware.

Trebor

Trebor

No looking back .
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Thanks MattBW.

Could anyone help change my door locking to auto with a Carista as Main dealer says it can’t be done .We are near Christchurch/ Bournemouth / Poole ? This would be much appreciated especially by my wife Caligirl . Many thanks .

Walrus

Walrus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I'm not far away in N Dorset and I have done mine. PM me if you want a hand.

kave

kave

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
I just recieved my Carista.
I tried it right away and the app reported 22 faults detected.
Is this normal?

Crell

Crell

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Is this normal?

Stop the vehicle... run away !

Maybe if they haven't been cleared by a garage, but that does sound a lot. It depends on what they are though of course.

Loz

Loz

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Is this normal?
If you ever try to start it with a flat battery you can get loads logged.

Its normal practice to clear all faults, drive the vehicle and test again.

kave

kave

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Ok, I have booked a service appointment as soon as the shop can, which is mid April to look at the Glow error I get sometimes so I guess I will wait until that is finished.

Trebor

Trebor

No looking back .
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I'm not far away in N Dorset and I have done mine. PM me if you want a hand.
Thanks Walrus. I don’t have a Carista yet . Really it’s just auto lock doors that my wife would like . Was it easy to set up ?

Walrus

Walrus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Thanks Walrus. I don’t have a Carista yet . Really it’s just auto lock doors that my wife would like . Was it easy to set up ?
Easy enough. I just fiddled until it worked. I did my daughters in about 5 minutes. As I said, if you want to I'm happy to meet somewhere and do it for you.

Trebor

Trebor

No looking back .
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Easy enough. I just fiddled until it worked. I did my daughters in about 5 minutes. As I said, if you want to I'm happy to meet somewhere and do it for you.
That would be great Walrus . I’ll Pm you .

Stoneybroke

Stoneybroke

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have a Carista going spare having also got an OBDeleven.
Antoine care to make an offer?