Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Programmable feature with Carista?

Does anybody know what the starter screen number is for the Carista programme. I’m currently on number 3 which is the GTi welcome screen :talktothehand. I don’t mind, but is there a specific California one???

I need your help.... I can't make the auto lock function work.

I succeeded in the large speed display with the Australia setting. But whatever I do with the auto lock A and B options nothing seems to happen.

Any tips?

Yes I think you also need to enable another option for it to work, from memory try the option which will unlock all the doors when you open just one

Yes I think you also need to enable another option for it to work, from memory try the option which will unlock all the doors when you open just one
I think the 2nd option required is " Unlock on Key Removal from Ignition ".

I need your help.... I can't make the auto lock function work.

I succeeded in the large speed display with the Australia setting. But whatever I do with the auto lock A and B options nothing seems to happen.

Any tips?
Mine only worked with the 'B' option. plus the 'B' option to unlock.

I think the 2nd option required is " Unlock on Key Removal from Ignition ".
Yes mine only unlocks when key taken out or door switch pressed. One door opens with 2 pulls of the door handle, only that door unlocked.

Incidentally Carista £10 (Amazon) and annual App Fee now £33.99

Glad I bought the app before they introduced this annual thing, mine thankfully still works as a standalone

Yes mine only unlocks when key taken out or door switch pressed. One door opens with 2 pulls of the door handle, only that door unlocked.

Incidentally Carista £10 (Amazon) and annual App Fee now £33.99
My Amazon wants £15.99!

My Amazon wants £15.99!
Just checked my 16th Dec '18 and it was £10.99 but now priced as you say! About 50% hike.
Maybe the App has gone back down to £30??

I had a £15 voucher from a birthday present and added a Hakkin OBD2 plug for another £6.99, that hasn't gone up.

Hi does anyone know how to change to the big Speedo display I've done it on my previous T6 but we picked up our new T6 ocean 2019 and I can't seem to get it now got all the other stuff wondered if anybody could advise.

Hi does anyone know how to change to the big Speedo display I've done it on my previous T6 but we picked up our new T6 ocean 2019 and I can't seem to get it now got all the other stuff wondered if anybody could advise.
To MPH??
You have to alter it to Australia if I remember and it comes up. Something like that anyway...

To MPH??
You have to alter it to Australia if I remember and it comes up. Something like that anyway...

Thanks for that I did change it over to Australia and also to MPH but nothing has come up everything else has just not the big Speedo.

@Gary&Heather, did you finally manage to do this? This is the first thing to do on my list when I get my van next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
After changing to Aus you have 2 further steps to complete on the MFD
1. untick alt speed in settings
2. Tick Digital speed in MFD data group

then you can scroll through range/consumption /adblue etc. Until the big MPH appears.

After changing to Aus you have 2 further steps to complete on the MFD
1. untick alt speed in settings
2. Tick Digital speed in MFD data group

then you can scroll through range/consumption /adblue etc. Until the big MPH appears.

Thanks Loz. The Carista has been my first purchase, even before the van has arrived :eek: :)

Anyone know if the Carista will say which of the ABS sensors has failed. Eg. Front Passenger or rear Offside?
Thank you

Anyone know if the Carista will say which of the ABS sensors has failed. Eg. Front Passenger or rear Offside?
Thank you
Not sure. The Diagnostic codes are fairly comprehensive and relate to Front/Rear and L/R.

A thought as not certain.
If an ABS sensor and tyre inflation warning active wouldn't a puncture be indicated on failing sensor?

If an ABS sensor and tyre inflation warning active wouldn't a puncture be indicated on failing sensor?
The Indirect TPMS system doesn't identify the wheel/tyre unfortunately.

I have what I believe are called in the trade "The Three Amigos" that is ABS light, Skid Light and Brake Disc Light.
The screen also displays ABS sensor error followed by Tyre Pressure Loss feature not available or something like that.

Its apparently quite common for the ABS sensors which are magnetic to attract all sorts of rusty dust particles etc and begin to give false readings. The initial judder seemed to come from the Front Passenger side so I took it out and gave it a good clean off. All put back together but still have the problem.
So it can now be one of 4 things
1. The sensor is failing or faulty
2. Its another sensor elsewhere
3. The reader is Faulty
4 Or maybe a cracked wire somewhere.

If you know where the wire comes in under the hood its a simple check with a multimeter to see if it is still functioning. I don't know what or where to look and don't want to do any harm.
My hope with the Carista was to get a clue as to which wheel sensor had failed. Only other option is to take all the other sensors out and clean them.

Back