Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Projector

Have just purchased an xgimi projector MoGo 2 and have set it up in the camper tonight to try. Absolutely fantastic! Used the door blind as the screen and worked a treat. Really chuffed. Highly recommend.

View attachment 107775
Nice. I will be taking my Epson EF12 in the Cali next week for the first time. Currently downloading movies onto a USB HD so I have something to watch.

Wow that looks fantastic. I want one……..

I got the Nebula version. £250 from Amazon. Again brilliant bits of kit. I even made my own projector screen out of rigid cardboard and white material. Using the blind is good but the picture very grainy due to the texture of the material . A big difference with the plain white material. Top one is using the blind.

13A816D0-6008-454F-B6E4-B86855A8EB22.jpeg

46CE7B5E-8100-4259-A6CB-04092759F2E0.jpeg

Ok so plumbed for the on prime day £269

XGIMI MoGo 2 Mini Projector, 400 ISO Lumens Portable Movie Projector​

as it was 400 lumens and always have power runs like a smart tv or stream from my ipad/phone
still playing with it at moment and will do a full review soon.

I’m looking at protectors in Black Friday sales. The nebula capsule max doesn’t have usb charging. Is this not an issue?

Ok so plumbed for the on prime day £269

XGIMI MoGo 2 Mini Projector, 400 ISO Lumens Portable Movie Projector​

as it was 400 lumens and always have power runs like a smart tv or stream from my ipad/phone
still playing with it at moment and will do a full review soon.
How are you getting on with the MoGo2?

There is a workaround for charging nebula by usb, use one of the adapters pictured from Amazon. You turn on nebula, once started plug in, it starts charging.

IMG_0624.jpeg

How are you getting on with the MoGo2?
Only used it once so far but sound is very good and picture excellent was able to tether to mobile phone wifi for signal, to get all the steaming services. Projected on to sliding door curtain which works well saves having separate screen.

Only used it once so far but sound is very good and picture excellent was able to tether to mobile phone wifi for signal, to get all the steaming services. Projected on to sliding door curtain which works well saves having separate screen.
Does it have all the usual apps pre installed?

I’m looking at protectors in Black Friday sales. The nebula capsule max doesn’t have usb charging. Is this not an issue?
Not really. You have to get the Capsule 3, at twice the price, for USBc. Our charge is fine and it charges well with minimal drain on the inverter. At 300 quid at the moment it's a great projector.

I may get the 3 at some point though as it has better and more updatable software (tablet vs phone) and USBc is always more chargable at a push.

In the meantime the adaptor above looks spot on.

Link rather than image for those who want one - https://amzn.eu/d/f2Lv53e

Last edited:
My Nebula has USB charging . I don’t think it’s a max. It may be an older generation as it was pretty cheap.

B8DC7E8E-A29A-49AE-BE31-E593B36FF9B7.jpeg

C0512927-2459-4B2B-913E-604380AAFFC0.jpeg

I got this Fairywill sonic toothbrush cable at £3.99 to go with my Capsule Max and it works fine to plug into a battery pack while the projector is in use for longer than the internal battery lasts. Personal risk I suppose, but I haven't had any problems with it. I also find the Capsule Max battery lasts well anyway and is long enough for most films.

Have just purchased an xgimi projector MoGo 2 and have set it up in the camper tonight to try. Absolutely fantastic! Used the door blind as the screen and worked a treat. Really chuffed. Highly recommend.
Seems like a very good deal Black Friday deal at the moment.£269 on the UK xgimi website:

My Nebula has USB charging . I don’t think it’s a max. It may be an older generation as it was pretty cheap.

View attachment 116424

View attachment 116425
Same as ours, they are great.

We use it a lot in Van, home, garden room & garden. Also works well with a powerful blue tooth speaker / home surround sound.

We used to have an apeman but sold it and switched to Nebula (Amazon refurbished), mainly it gave the USB charge option . If you forgot to pack the charge lead, any suitable usb lead would work.

View attachment 107775

Just bought one of these in the Black Friday sale. Can’t wait for movie night in the van

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk