Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Projector

We put our Capsule Max on the hob worktop and project onto a white paper tablecloth which we hang off the roof opening and across the two front seats. We do have to use the manual keystone correction to square up the picture.
Thanks, I just discovered the advanced menu where you can distort the image how you want, anc it get you to a closer picture if you want. Thank you. I was thinking about putting it on the opened rear cupboard over the heads of the rear bench passengers

That's a coincidence!
Chili from Taiwan just posted a new YouTube video on his projector setup, looks good -
It's an Asus projector with keystone correction in both directions, think it's the S1 model, with a home made screen for the front bellows.
Is Chili on this forum?

Hi John,

I’m looking at also getting an Apeman, I can stretch to the Nebula prices!

Which Apeman did you go for? Do you project onto the bellows? It doesn’t look like it has horizontal keystone correction, where do you stand the projector?

Thanks,
Joe

Thanks all - they look good.
I’ve gone for the Apeman.
Any recommendations on a screen to hang from the raised roof?

Cheers
John

Came across this great, online review article for camping projectors, including the Apeman, Yaufey and Nebula Capsule II, amongst others.

It's got videos of a few of them in use in a Marco Polo, so you can get a flavour of what they would be like in action in a van.

Thought it might be useful for anyone researching this kind of thing.

Hi @DrJuanKerr
Did you manage to do a review of the Nebula 1 and 2 that you purchased yet?
Would be keen to see that.

Thank you

I just bought an Epson EF12 after reviewing several other options. Its a little bigger than the Anker but still very portable at approx 15cm cubed. Native 1080P, short throw lens, fantastic internal Yamaha speaker system that doubles as a BT speaker for streaming. It uses a laser light engine that runs cool and lasts 10K hours. Epson also include a 5 year warranty.
The only downside I can possibly see for some is that it requires 100W AC power to operate (no internal batteries). Not a problem for me as I have an Ecoflow River Pro power pack to run it. Also using it at home for movie and sports viewing on a 110" screen.
1639994254416.png

Really pleased with our Anker Nebula Capsule Max. Difficult to compare with others as it is our first projector, but we thought it was excellent.
I’m just looking into this! Trying to figure out the differences between the Nebula Capsule II and the Max. Exciting!

We have the Max and because it runs Android (rather than Android TV), you are able to get a code from Anker to unlock it and then install things like Sky Go. We originally bought the Anker Solar but found we couldn’t run Sky Go on it so returned it and swapped for the Max. From the specs it looks like the Capsule 2 runs Android TV so I assume it has the same limitations as the Solar.
Somebody who has the Capsule 2 may come along and confirm or refute my assumption…

I’m just looking into this! Trying to figure out the differences between the Nebula Capsule II and the Max. Exciting!
Hi Penny, we tend to put our Nebula on the Fridge top and project onto a screen hung from the roof opening over the front seats. The Nebula Capsule Max has vertical and horizontal adjustment that allows it to be offset from the screen. I am not sure if the Capsule II has the horizontal adjustment, but might be worth checking if it has to be directly in front of the screen. The resolution and brightness seem to be the same and they are the same size unit. The operating system as @The Broomwagon mentions is different, but not sure what difference that makes.

Hi Penny, we tend to put our Nebula on the Fridge top and project onto a screen hung from the roof opening over the front seats. The Nebula Capsule Max has vertical and horizontal adjustment that allows it to be offset from the screen. I am not sure if the Capsule II has the horizontal adjustment, but might be worth checking if it has to be directly in front of the screen. The resolution and brightness seem to be the same and they are the same size unit. The operating system as @The Broomwagon mentions is different, but not sure what difference that makes.
Thanks so much, Nick. Appreciated. I've ordered the Max. I couldn't wait! haha. I've also bought @Carl_______________'s amazing fittings to hang a screen. Just trying to figure out if the Duronic Bar 40” is the correct size! :D

Thanks so much, Nick. Appreciated. I've ordered the Max. I couldn't wait! haha. I've also bought @Carl_______________'s amazing fittings to hang a screen. Just trying to figure out if the Duronic Bar 40” is the correct size! :D
We went for the next size up screen DPS50, it hangs similar way to how Carl shows his but without the brackets and with the roof up I.e. the top bar spans the opening. The edge of the screen are pushed in a little at the top, but it works well.

We went for the next size up screen DPS50, it hangs similar way to how Carl shows his but without the brackets and with the roof up I.e. the top bar spans the opening. The edge of the screen are pushed in a little at the top, but it works well.
I'll go for the 40" then! I have neck issues, so need it more level. Thank you!!