Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Protecting the front seat

RockinNRollin

RockinNRollin

Where to next?
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I’ve been thinking about whether standing on the front passenger seat could ultimately damage the heating element (and I think there’s an airbag sensor too?). A solution I’ve thought of to float to you guys for your thoughts; cut out a sheet of plywood to the shape of the seat base (not including the side bolsters), smooth it off and cover with a rubberised surface top and bottom. This then is placed on the seat and spreads the load evenly over the seat with the rubberised cover meaning it won’t slip and will grip well when you stand on it. Should fit in the under bed drawer out of the way easily enough.

Thoughts?

We just tend to stand on the ‘rim’ of the seat, not the centre. One thing I do know (from experience!) is deffo lock the passenger seat before climbing up otherwise it can turn at the wrong moment leading to a potential ’a*se over t*t’ moment :D

I’ve been thinking about whether standing on the front passenger seat could ultimately damage the heating element (and I think there’s an airbag sensor too?). A solution I’ve thought of to float to you guys for your thoughts; cut out a sheet of plywood to the shape of the seat base (not including the side bolsters), smooth it off and cover with a rubberised surface top and bottom. This then is placed on the seat and spreads the load evenly over the seat with the rubberised cover meaning it won’t slip and will grip well when you stand on it. Should fit in the under bed drawer out of the way easily enough.

Thoughts?
After 8 yrs use, standing on chair seat, no problems.

No problems after 15 years. I think VW think about this stuff.

Back