Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fox damage to sensor wiring

Now you guys in the big smoke no why us Yorkshire people wanted fox hunting to continue
but they a amazing creatures and I love seeing them
Christ no. Barbaric. Glad to see the back of (legal) hunting with dogs.
I wouldn’t want that back - just want VW to re-specify the soy-based pipes that are delicious to foxes!

Christ no. Barbaric. Glad to see the back of (legal) hunting with dogs.
I wouldn’t want that back - just want VW to re-specify the soy-based pipes that are delicious to foxes!
I saw a Canadian method for inside garages where a mesh was laid on entire floor which was electrified, not lethal but enough to deter animals.
USA & Canada have a similar problem which had legal implications for Toyota some years ago.

Sadly I have suffered the same this week on my Amarok. I got a security alert on Tuesday evening showing a fox wandering around the truck, I tried to move the truck on Thursday but would start then shut down. Luckily I managed to get a nephew to come over today with his scanner, after 3 hrs we found a chewed cable to the auto gear box, luckily a repair could be made.
Fri..in foxes

Sadly I have suffered the same this week on my Amarok. I got a security alert on Tuesday evening showing a fox wandering around the truck, I tried to move the truck on Thursday but would start then shut down. Luckily I managed to get a nephew to come over today with his scanner, after 3 hrs we found a chewed cable to the auto gear box, luckily a repair could be made.
Fri..in foxes
Well done, I wouldn’t have the skills for that. But I’ll never take it to Vw to fix again, after being charged £750 for a NOx sensor, I’ll go to my local independent

The foxes strike again! Just returned from my local garage having had a Oil Sensor warning light come up on the dash. It appears the oil level wiring was chewed through, not protected by the engine undertray or the 6mm ali bash plate also fitted. However, £70 to check the fault code, find the issue and repair it cost only £70 +VAT, alongside my regular service.

So, looking for a deterrent, but as my cat likes to warm herself under the van at times (and we live on a fairly busy road should she dart out with the shock) I am loath to go down the electrocution route. Has anyone had any joy using a spray deterrent?

Still no issues since the chicken wire was fitted to my van. It's not aesthetically pleasing but that is not the point. It's the equivalent of a good steering wheel lock.

Still no issues since the chicken wire was fitted to my van. It's not aesthetically pleasing but that is not the point. It's the equivalent of a good steering wheel lock.
Any photos possible?