Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Proud owners for a couple of weeks

D

Dobbyboo

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi,

Are California Ocean arrived a couple of weeks ago and we are getting to know all the features and getting very good at spending even more money on things like seat covers, carpets and paint protection film for the front end.

We spent ages trying to think if a name and I’m proud to announce she is called “The Camper” for simplicity.

For example “shall we go away in the camper”

We’ve done a couple of overnight trips and realised don’t put big bags in the living area when trying to setup the bed and most importantly bring the comfy pillows from your bed.

A 3/4 sheet fits the downstairs bed perfectly and only cost £12. Not used upstairs yet as it was blowing a gale.

As we are using the Cali as a daily drive we’re going to limit what camping equipment we carry around so will try and use stuff from home rather than get camping things.

Porta-Poti was a success when we stayed in a restaurant car park.

I think we need a thermal windscreen cover as it took ages to get rid of the condensation from the windscreen and we may also get a roof cover. Unfortunately both expensive items.

We got Jackyards seat covers which are fantastic and easy to fit, only about 45 mins before our first trip. Really good quality and we think makes the inside look even better.

Well that’s enough waffle especially as I was just saying Hello.

Hi and welcome. Looks like you are diving in and finding out what works for you. It gets easier. Enjoy. :thumb

:welcomeYou're doing it the right way by using it first and buying the things you need :thumb

When you say. 3/4 cover, where did you get that from please?

Enjoy your new beast

Welcome! Our experience with our Ocean and sleeping during the winter is that with the roof down and sleeping downstairs you need to have a window open for ventilation to stop the build up of water vapour and condensation overnight, even with a thermal windscreen cover. We use the clear flexible Brandrup cover that slots into the rail above the sliding kitchen window so it can be open overnight without rain getting in.

Welcome! Our experience with our Ocean and sleeping during the winter is that with the roof down and sleeping downstairs you need to have a window open for ventilation to stop the build up of water vapour and condensation overnight, even with a thermal windscreen cover. We use the clear flexible Brandrup cover that slots into the rail above the sliding kitchen window so it can be open overnight without rain getting in.
Hi is that from the club shop?

3/4 sheet came from Dunelm Mill. It fits the downstairs bed perfectly.

Welcome on board .

Hi,

Are California Ocean arrived a couple of weeks ago and we are getting to know all the features and getting very good at spending even more money on things like seat covers, carpets and paint protection film for the front end.

We spent ages trying to think if a name and I’m proud to announce she is called “The Camper” for simplicity.

For example “shall we go away in the camper”

We’ve done a couple of overnight trips and realised don’t put big bags in the living area when trying to setup the bed and most importantly bring the comfy pillows from your bed.

A 3/4 sheet fits the downstairs bed perfectly and only cost £12. Not used upstairs yet as it was blowing a gale.

As we are using the Cali as a daily drive we’re going to limit what camping equipment we carry around so will try and use stuff from home rather than get camping things.

Porta-Poti was a success when we stayed in a restaurant car park.

I think we need a thermal windscreen cover as it took ages to get rid of the condensation from the windscreen and we may also get a roof cover. Unfortunately both expensive items.

We got Jackyards seat covers which are fantastic and easy to fit, only about 45 mins before our first trip. Really good quality and we think makes the inside look even better.

Well that’s enough waffle especially as I was just saying Hello.
I got cheap pillows then folded them in half inside the pillow case and stuffed surplus fabric inside fold. Makes smaller pillows but double as cushions in the day