Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pucer, Cali wrap or Comfortz topper?

C

Carter3

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
So I’ve read quite a few of the forums discussing these options and just wanted to get opinions. I’ve discounted the isotop inside one as too expensive. I saw a review on the topper which said it was really noisy in high winds - flappy. So I’m thinking Pucer or Cali wrap would be better but I’ve just seen on the club shop that it’s not suitable for 2006 year which ours is, although unsure why. So now thinking it’ll have to be Pucer. Any advice welcome

So I’ve read quite a few of the forums discussing these options and just wanted to get opinions. I’ve discounted the isotop inside one as too expensive. I saw a review on the topper which said it was really noisy in high winds - flappy. So I’m thinking Pucer or Cali wrap would be better but I’ve just seen on the club shop that it’s not suitable for 2006 year which ours is, although unsure why. So now thinking it’ll have to be Pucer. Any advice welcome
Or make one for very little money using foil covered bubble wrap and edging tape. There’s a thread on here somewhere with the details.0D78BD7C-7E1E-4822-8210-86531FFA6C2D.jpeg

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a Pucer .
It’s smaller , light and quick to put on and offers excellent insulation and drys off quick if wet .
Also it is not so expensive.
Very happy with mine.
BestView attachment 66987 wishes
Incredible photo. My wife was saying that the first thing she wants to do is drive to Scandinavia and see the northern lights when our van gets delivered next month.

We had a comfortz topper, but got rid of it as it was a ballache to put on and made a racket when it was windy flapping against the canvas. Replaced it with a pucer which is really easy to fit and does the job just fine.

Thanks you for all the responses I’ve ordered the Pucer

Is the pucer small enough to fit in the tailgate with the chairs?

Never tried , I keep mine in a roll at the end of the parcel shelf ...don’t realise it’s there

Never tried , I keep mine in a roll at the end of the parcel shelf ...don’t realise it’s there
Any chance of a photo of the folded up size? Are they ok when it’s windy or do they s flap a lot? Thanks

I made a foil-backed bubble-wrap Pucer wrap equivalent a few years ago - not bad, but it is easy to tear it when pushing/pulling it behind the struts. We now have a Calicap Mütze topper with windows, which is good - needs practice in putting it on, but I have managed to do it single-handed.

I’m an absolute fan of the Pucer Screen. I’ve used it on our 2012 Cali from word go and love how easy it is to put on and off. We always sleep up top and appreciate the sound and insulation properties it has. It’s waterproof and dries really quickly. I modified my Pucer screen slightly by carefully cutting out, using a craft knife, oval vent holes that line up with the vents in the canvas roof. It would serve you well!

I’m an absolute fan of the Pucer Screen. I’ve used it on our 2012 Cali from word go and love how easy it is to put on and off. We always sleep up top and appreciate the sound and insulation properties it has. It’s waterproof and dries really quickly. I modified my Pucer screen slightly by carefully cutting out, using a craft knife, oval vent holes that line up with the vents in the canvas roof. It would serve you well!
Thank you I’ve bought one and planning to try it out next weekend

Winter I use the pucer, just be careful if staying longer term snow/ice will build up on the lip of the opening of the cali causing the pucer to be frozen in place, good tip remove just after cooking , the heat thaws the ice.
Pucer offers far better insulation than they cali topper.

When taking off double check the roof closures for snow.

Calitopper I use non winter days when I knows it’s going to be wet , wet and wetter!
Keeps the canvas dry which helps me on longer trips not worrying about the damp or wet mattress.

Had never heard of the Pucer top. Having used a Comfortz top for a couple years, I can confirm that it keeps the poptop dry and it packs up small, but the flapping in windy conditions is really annoying. Enough for me to just order a Pucer.

I've just bought a Pucer roof cover and have to say I think it's fantastic. I got it on and off by myself (I'm 5'6") and it kept up top warm, dark and dry. Slept up there without heating on no problems.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Good choice....

When going for a topper style consider if you'll later have roof fixed solar panels, you don't want a topper that'll cover the panels.
Also how it'll behave when wet. Will water soak in or just run off/be able to be wiped off?

Do you think folding would compromise the integrity of the Pucer and create crease lines that might eventually crack?

I've just bought a Pucer roof cover and have to say I think it's fantastic. I got it on and off by myself (I'm 5'6") and it kept up top warm, dark and dry. Slept up there without heating on no problems.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I have also recently purchased a Pucer. Mainly with a view to stop the poptop getting soaking wet during a week of almost constant horizontal rain and knowing that the van wouldn’t move during that week.

I agree. It worked perfectly and was easy to fit.

I went for the Pucer screen and have used it twice before lockdown and it was great really pleased