Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pucer pop top roof cover

my roof was dry all night at new forest meet .its such a good thing for the van .if you ring darren .say martin said to call . :barmy

Could someone let me know what these cost? All these thermal insulating tops seem pretty costly - and this one reads well! Thanks Andie

Hi Andie, I think they are around £180, he normally has them listed on Ebay

Sell him yours martin :rofl :rofl

You know I like to keep spares of everything in my garage Kev, I even found 2 sets of levelling chocks yesterday, I rarely even use the ones I keep in my van, also four bloody tents !! I think it is time I had a clear out

Martin said:
You know I like to keep spares of everything in my garage Kev, I even found 2 sets of levelling chocks yesterday, I rarely even use the ones I keep in my van, also four bloody tents !! I think it is time I had a clear out

Keep me updated on your garage sale Martin ,as I'm always up for a bargin :)

T5WOB said:
give darren a call on 07941027277.think they cost £140 ish ,just say martin said to call

Daren Sykes at the chopper shop?? His voice mail is funny!

£145 + £22 P&P.

Hi
We love our Cali and want to make as much use out of it in the winter as well as the lighter seasons. We've only had it a couple of weeks and are still working out what we need to make full use out of it for us as a family. Could you advise the best place to purchase a pucer cover and the approximate costs. Many thanks Richard

give darren a call on 07941027277.think they cost £140 ish ,just say martin said to call
kerbside kustoms martin T5WOB :headwall :headwall :headwall

T5WOB
VIP

Meets Attended:: Hollands Wood

been thinking long and hard about which cover to buy (or even if we need one) and will probably go for a pucer as we use a roof rack so that eliminates the Cali topper which is a shame.

Before we try and track down the guy that makes them (Darren..!!??) could anyone tell me the dimensions when packed down as space is becoming an issue...

Thanks

Yes you are quite right Martin we are working on the topless Cali-topper as we speak
I will keep the forum updated off when it is ready.

BillyBain said:
been thinking long and hard about which cover to buy (or even if we need one) and will probably go for a pucer as we use a roof rack so that eliminates the Cali topper which is a shame.

Before we try and track down the guy that makes them (Darren..!!??) could anyone tell me the dimensions when packed down as space is becoming an issue...

Thanks

Roughly 3ft long, about 6" in diameter in the bag. Slots in pretty easily.

Yelekreb said:
Could you put one of these under a Vanarack or similar?

I reckon you could for an extreme "belt and braces" experience!

comes with a HUGE bungee to fasten it at the back of the roof.

The fit is pretty good but as it's more or less held up by itself, the top front does stick out slightly - I'm hoping it won't let rain in. Will update once we've tried it out this weekend but here are a few pics:

P1010815.jpg

Any particular reason why the insulation isn't 100% ? i.e. ends don't meet at the back making approx. one square foot unisulated ? I would like to see it overlap.

viking said:
comes with a HUGE bungee to fasten it at the back of the roof.

The fit is pretty good but as it's more or less held up by itself, the top front does stick out slightly - I'm hoping it won't let rain in. Will update once we've tried it out this weekend but here are a few pics:

P1010815.jpg

Any particular reason why the insulation isn't 100% ? i.e. ends don't meet at the back making approx. one square foot unisulated ? I would like to see it overlap.

Not sure but yet to see that bit get wet. Even in atrocious conditions.

We've had one of these for a few years, and never had a problem with it. It's very quick to fit, and remove. I was told that the gap at the back is to ensure that there is still a small amount of air flow into the roof space. We use it for insulation, which is very effective, but we also use it to prevent the roof canvas from getting wet. I know this is not normally a problem, but if you fold the roof away when it is very wet, the folds can cause water to seep onto the bedding. If the weather stays wet and you can't put the roof up to dry out, it can get mildewed. We just got back from a Portugal/Spain trip which during the return journey was very wet. Using the silver cover ensured that our roof stayed dry.

We left ours off one night in Scotland (sunny dusk). It hammered it down at midnight and our little girl (18 months old at the time) got drenched - a right faff drying off the mattress too.

Yet it was fine on another very blowy, rainy night with the cover on.

I really think the California should be more waterproof as standard - it's the only let down on the whole van really. If basic tents can keep out the weather, so should a £50k camper!