Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recomend Pucer Thermal Cover ?

Paul1

Paul1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Can anyone recommend Pucer thermal roof cover ? Are they easy to put on by one person ? how do they stay on - Velcro ? can it be fitted behind or in front of roof supports ? Advice appreciated. Paul. :thanks

Had one for two seasons, fab build quality, light and effective. Fits inside roof struts with a supplied bungee at rear to secure. One person fitting. Only downside could be covers all windows (but still allows air circulation).

Very happy with my purchase.

Dave

Happy with mine. Takes a minute to fit as a two man operation or perhaps 2 as a one man exercise.

I hate wet items in the van, the pucer virtially avoids this. Just been in very heavy, near torrential rain on the portuguese coast. Kept the roof dry so we could lower the roof when the rain subsided without having wet bellows to contend with. Once off I dried it with a towel on the washroom.

Very handy to keep the top warmer, quieter and less like a draughty tent too. Only weakspots are that edges are lined in canvas which retains moisture after rain. A minor issue that does not detract from the benefits.

Also it rolls up so takes up boot space, but it is light. When we park up we either use it (if cold or rain expected) or we leave it on the dash so either way it does not intrude on the living space.

Brilliant IMO

1) You can use it with roof bars
2) It keeps any weather out
3) It keeps you a bit warmer
4) Easy to fit and remove
5) Cheap

I've nicked mine on the side struts a few times but used silver duct tape to repair it. The top "flap" is slightly odd and you need to get your own smaller bungee but other than that, it's great and I cannot see the advantage of mega bucks full covers that need to be threaded into the awning rail.

The one night we chanced it (in Western Mull), it hammered it down and our poor daughter got soaked - the standard canvas roof really isn't very waterproof if it's windy. Drying the roof mattress was a right faff.

Thanks for your comments, now reassured and will be contacting Daren. Paul. :thanks

Happy with mine, good value for money, but I don't find a good place to store it. Competitotrs claim their cover can be stored between the 2 picknick seats, Pucer recommends to put it under the mattress but when I4lm travelling by myself I don't have patience to do that. Any suggestions?

I put mine in the pucer bag and store on the rear parcel shelf. It gets partly held in place by the rear headrests when they are in the folded position