Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

PumpKin Android Headunit

Doesnt say it fits the transporter or mulitvan, so it will depend on if a surround is available?

Indeed, I was planning to measure it carefully as I don't know if all VW double din "holes" as the same.

I'll be interested to see how you get on.

This was my original plan when I started out my replacement plan for the RNS 510 - In the end the thought of faffing around with the thing and the countless quirks and updates needed meant I bailed. It may have improved a bit now, but mmmm.

I think there's going to be a lot of features, but too many? It's questionable as to whether you want to fanny around with that UI when you're barrelling down the M5. Bit too busy IMO and I'd be too tempted to get all kinds of stuff set up that needs a careful finger-prod and see me end up in the boot of the car in front.

Getting support might be fun.

I the end, though it's severely limited I opted for a nannied CarPlay setup (or Android Auto) which gives me everything I need and also stops me being tempted to try other stuff. There's the RCD 330 for around £180 which looks pretty useful, for less wedge and I think has been fitted to T5s a-plenty.

Once waze works with carplay I may get tempted but for now, I'm sticking with my RNS315. The 330 is very good value although no DAB option as its from the Chinese market.