Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Putting the Cali through a car wash

JimP1992

JimP1992

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Unfortunately where I live there is still a drought, i.e., a hose pipe ban.

It’s making me sad looking at a dirty Cali (I usually wash her by hand bi-weekly). Does anyone put theirs through a car wash?

My only concern is that it has an awning, bike rack and a solar panel on top…
I don’t fancy taking it to the local hand car wash as they are a bit too jet washer happy.

Cheers!

Unfortunately where I live there is still a drought, i.e., a hose pipe ban.

It’s making me sad looking at a dirty Cali (I usually wash her by hand bi-weekly). Does anyone put theirs through a car wash?

My only concern is that it has an awning, bike rack and a solar panel on top…
I don’t fancy taking it to the local hand car wash as they are a bit too jet washer happy.

Cheers!

I would personally never use a car wash for a Cali with bike rack and solar panel.

I’d be surprised if your area ban is still in force. Yorkshire water ended the ban on 6th December, not sure if that’s your area? Or are you just looking for an excuse not to hand wash it yourself ;)

I would personally never use a car wash for a Cali with bike rack and solar panel.

I’d be surprised if your area ban is still in force. Yorkshire water ended the ban on 6th December, not sure if that’s your area? Or are you just looking for an excuse not to hand wash it yourself ;)
Wow. Funny how I find out through here. I was honestly under the impression we were still in a drought, as cursory Google searches suggest we are… D’oh!

Now to wait for some dry weather - shame it’s gone dark now - many thanks!

Wow. Funny how I find out through here. I was honestly under the impression we were still in a drought, as cursory Google searches suggest we are… D’oh!

Now to wait for some dry weather - shame it’s gone dark now - many thanks!

It won't help with the solar or the bike rack, but some might be interested in this for the awning

Back